NEED SOME INFO

HELLO EVERYONE,

I AM 25 YEARS OLD GOING IN FOR MY FIRST OF TWO HT. I AM DOING 2 SESSIONS OF 700 GRAPHS. I WAS USING TOPIC FOR ABOUT A YEAR THEN I SWITCHED OVER TO THE HAIR CLUB FOR ME. I WAS MISSED INFORMED ABOUT THE HAIR CLUB AND HAVE NOT BEEN HAPPY AT ALL. NOVEMBER 10 I AM GOING FOR MY FIRST HT. HAS ANYONE USED THE HAIR CLUB FOR ME FOR A HT? I AM VERY SCARED. HOW SPEEDY IS THE RECOVERY? HOW LONG CAN YOU SEE THE SCAR FOR? NO ONE KNOWS THAT I HAVE A HAIR PROBLEM. I CAUGHT MY HAIR LOSS BEFORE ANYONE KNEW IT WAS A PROBLEM. I WILL BE WEARING MY SYSTEM DURING THE HAIR GROWTH. MY MAIN CONCERN IS HIDING THE SCAR. I AM GETTING IT ON A FRIDAY WILL ANY ONE BE ABLE TO DETECT IT ON MONDAY? DOES IT HURT?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

HELLO EVERYONE,

I AM 25 YEARS OLD GOING IN FOR MY FIRST OF TWO HT. I AM DOING 2 SESSIONS OF 700 GRAPHS. I WAS USING TOPIC FOR ABOUT A YEAR THEN I SWITCHED OVER TO THE HAIR CLUB FOR ME. I WAS MISSED INFORMED ABOUT THE HAIR CLUB AND HAVE NOT BEEN HAPPY AT ALL. NOVEMBER 10 I AM GOING FOR MY FIRST HT. HAS ANYONE USED THE HAIR CLUB FOR ME FOR A HT? I AM VERY SCARED. HOW SPEEDY IS THE RECOVERY? HOW LONG CAN YOU SEE THE SCAR FOR? NO ONE KNOWS THAT I HAVE A HAIR PROBLEM. I CAUGHT MY HAIR LOSS BEFORE ANYONE KNEW IT WAS A PROBLEM. I WILL BE WEARING MY SYSTEM DURING THE HAIR GROWTH. MY MAIN CONCERN IS HIDING THE SCAR. I AM GETTING IT ON A FRIDAY WILL ANY ONE BE ABLE TO DETECT IT ON MONDAY? DOES IT HURT?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Just to make sure I understand you........are you wearing a hair system from Hair Club for Men? Now, you're going to stop wearing it, get a HT, then wear it until the HT comes in?

For starter, who is doing your HT?? 700 grafts, unless placed in one of your temples, will provide very little coverage. Any reason you're not trying for more grafts this time? Where are you on the Norwood scale of balding? What age are you? It's hard to advise you with no more information than you've provided.

Judging by your post, you need to research HT's more before getting one. I'd cancel the appointment and take some time to really research what you're getting into. Are you doing anything for loss prevention......i.e. Propecia, Minoxidil or a good hair care regimen?

It takes time to heal from a HT. Physically it's not bad, cosmetcially, if they shave the recipient area, it takes a little time for it to look "okay". Generally, I would tell a person he needs to plan on taking at least 2 weeks off work.

Can you post pics of your current situation? How can you get a HT if you're clipping your hair short enough to wear a hair system? You'll need to grow out your hair to at least 1/2" to get a HT.

Please post more information if you can.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hi Mike, you should cancel your appointment and start researching the COALITION DOCTORS from this site. They are TOP notch doctors in the world.

"HAS ANYONE USED THE HAIR CLUB FOR ME FOR A HT?"

It looks to me like your appointment for your transplant is with The Hair Club for Men? Cancel the appointment and start doing some research. Good luck.

Hello Mike,

I can only echo the fine words of my comrades above. It sounds to me that you are jumping into this way too early. The questions you are asking are very newbie questions...which is definately ok...but you shouldn't be getting an HT without researching more.

Hair Club for men is completely different than an HT. Hair Club for Men gives you a hairpiece to wear where an HT removes hair from the back of your scalp and transplants it to the top of your head. An HT is surgery and it's not a walk in the park. Getting an HT too early OR especially by a doctor that isn't using the current technologies will only lead to bigger problems for you in the future.

So I echo everyone above....CANCEL the appt, even if it means you lose the deposit you put down...and research more.

Bill

Allow me also to pick apart your email and address each thing:

"I AM 25 YEARS OLD GOING IN FOR MY FIRST OF TWO HT. I AM DOING 2 SESSIONS OF 700 GRAPHS. "

1400 grafts is not a lot of grafts...and there is no reason to do this in 2 sessions. Something about this sounds fishy unless it's FUE, and even then, I'd wonder why 2 surgeries and not one."

"I WAS USING TOPIC FOR ABOUT A YEAR THEN I SWITCHED OVER TO THE HAIR CLUB FOR ME. I WAS MISSED INFORMED ABOUT THE HAIR CLUB AND HAVE NOT BEEN HAPPY AT ALL. "

Don't be misinformed about an HT and be unhappy in this as well. Research more and cancel your appts.

"NOVEMBER 10 I AM GOING FOR MY FIRST HT."

Who is your doctor? What is his/her name and location?

"HAS ANYONE USED THE HAIR CLUB FOR ME FOR A HT? "

As hairbank asked...same question...I'm not sure what this means.

"I AM VERY SCARED. HOW SPEEDY IS THE RECOVERY? "

It depends what you mean by recovery. It takes 3 months for the transplanted hair to even start growing. All the grafts transplanted will shed between 2-4 weeks and then start growing again around 3 months. You won't notice a cosemtic difference most likely until about 4-8 months, depending. If you are doing strip surgery, they are literally taking out a strip of scalp from the back of your head and stapling or stitching it back together. Healing time is quick...but you can't do any contact sports for a few months.

"HOW LONG CAN YOU SEE THE SCAR FOR? "

You will have a scar for the rest of your life, especially if it's strip. But don't be deceived...even FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) can leave scars...it's just different. Scars can be concealed however if you wear your hair longer on the sides and back.

"NO ONE KNOWS THAT I HAVE A HAIR PROBLEM. I CAUGHT MY HAIR LOSS BEFORE ANYONE KNEW IT WAS A PROBLEM. I WILL BE WEARING MY SYSTEM DURING THE HAIR GROWTH. MY MAIN CONCERN IS HIDING THE SCAR. "

Wear your hair longer on the sides and back then...the scar will be concealed. With the new tricho scar, you may even be able to wear your hair on the sides and back as low as a 2 or 3 clip without it showing.

"I AM GETTING IT ON A FRIDAY WILL ANY ONE BE ABLE TO DETECT IT ON MONDAY? "

Keep in mind that you can't wear a hair system for about 2 weeks after you get an HT. So yes, people will notice unless you can afford to take that time off from work.

"DOES IT HURT?"

The surgery is relatively painless because you are under local anesthetia, but once that wears off, yes, there will be some pain for a few days...shouldn't be too bad depending on how good the doc is and how high your tolerance is for pain.

I feel for the concerns you have. I too am a HC for Men slave for over ten years!!! I too checked out their HT Doctor , prices, results. PLEASE do more research. The Doc HCM used thought that 1600 would completely cover my NW5 head. That is quite laughable. I had another Doc that thought I needed about 5000 but he could only do 2500 FU per session. I finally found this site, did more research and ended up happily and fortunately with Dr Hasson in Vancouver. My first session was 4925 and I expect another 2000 will give me the results I want which is a full head of hair. I think forums like this are invaluable in fighting the propaganda that some less ethical Doctors spew. Again, do more investigation on the Doctors that are well noted here on this site. Keep doing your research and get a better education before making a permanent lifetime choice. Kinda like "measure twice ,cut once." Cheers

HT#1 4944FU 23May06-Hasson

HT#2 1960FU 16Jan07- Hasson

6904 Total FU, 13160 Hairs

2184-1's, 3184-2's, 1536-3's

THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR COMENTS. I WILL POST PICTURES IN A FEW DAYS. I CANCELED MY HT. I HAVE TO DO MORE RESEARCH. I HAVE VERY THICK HAIR AND WAS LOSING MY HAIRLINE THAT IS WHY I WENT TO A SYSTEM. THE DOCTOR WANTED TO DO THE 700 AND THE 700 BECAUSE I NEEDED THE COVERAGE. I WAS BALDING A 1.5" BY 1.5" ON BOTH SIDES OF MY HEAD. I RUSHED INTO THE HCM AND DONT WANT TO MAKE ANOTHER MISTAKE. THANK YOU EVERYONE!

Mike,

I'm glad to hear you are slowing down and taking your time. That's a very wise decision. Feel free to ask any other questions that you have. Search this forum and read information on HTS. Feel free to look at the links in my signature...I try to walk people through what an HT looks like, the experience, etc, and the pictures should indicate how things work. There are many others here with wonderfully detailed accounts that will be able to help you as well.

Bill