Has anyone ever got a ingrown hair in the scar line area?

I have an area on the left back of my head that is tender to my touch. It almost feels like a pimple back there. I've tried my best to see it but no luck because even having hair at a short length held aside I still cant see it. Any wisdom or advice? I do not know what it is

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

I have an area on the left back of my head that is tender to my touch. It almost feels like a pimple back there. I've tried my best to see it but no luck because even having hair at a short length held aside I still cant see it. Any wisdom or advice? I do not know what it is

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Wantego I had an ingrown hair on my scar that became the size of a gigantic pimple. At first I didn't know what to do but by the time I figured a "game plan" the ingrown mass popped and I had puss all in my hair. I know its disgusting but I thought I would share my experience to let you know it is possible. It probably didn't help that I always wore a hat and used to sweat...

You only live once...

Thanks Arie. I had a friend trim the hair there a little bit so that she and I could see it. It looks like a little wound but she cant tell if there is an ingrown hair It is right at an area where the doctor went from the straight line in the back of my head upwards to start up towards my ear. Hopefully it is a minor issue. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Yes and years after a HT. Just apply warm compress as mentioned above and DO NOT try to physically extract/relieve the pressure. Continue the compress for 10 min a time and it should resolve itself. Now if it continues to increase in pressure and size-- like infection, then go to a doctor to get it taken care of. VERY RARE it turns into infection unless a person scalp area isnt clean and/or they are playing around with it too much.

Uncomfortable but manageable.

SMOOTHY

Shapiro

Propecia/Rogaine xtra

MSM/Saw Palmetto

Nioxin Shampoo

Zrii 3oz daily

Theres two people on here saying different things about relieving them . So heres what a top doc said. I would try the warm compress first but if that fails do the second theres no need to got out spend a couple hundred on a derm and ointment, unless your flooded with folliculitis

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/346...766025144#1766025144

Thanks for all the great replies. The warm compresses did seem to help. It was really just 1 small area in my donor area and the tenderness seems to have gone away. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

It might be a disolvable deep suture. Give your doctor a call. We see this in 1 in 30 patients with deep sutures, whether it be in hair, facelifts, or cancer reconstruction.

Despite this, the deep sutures lend a better result to scarring and are worth this occasional problem.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians