Showing of strip scar

I would like to hear from anybody here who has shaven right down after strip so their scar was visible. What were the reactions of people they met on the street? Do people automatically know if it was from a ht?

Personally I don't mind scars, but if it was obviously from a cosmetic procedure I don't think I would feel this way. I know everyone will say just get fue but I'm concerned because of yield, the fact that only up to 3k is generally available, and because H&W don't offer it (I just love their work and they are probably at the top of my list).

Hey Julius,

There used to be a guy that came on here called "-CoDy-" he had a transplant at 17 and would shave down short, resulting in the scar becoming clearly visable.

I'm not sure if he still comes on but it may be worth sending him a message. You can see his photos showing the scar -here-

Personally, I wouldn't shave down to the extent of revealing the scar, its only going to attract unwanted questions that will be difficult to explain.

I have not had a HT yet. I was thinking about doing strip with Cooley, Feller, or H&W - in Jan 2010.

I am now thinking of doing an FUE HT with feller due to the scar strip HT's leave. I know strip is the way to go for density and I know it is a little retarded to get any HT and spend a decent amount of money doing it just to wear your hair buzzed or short. But, I can live with a Jason Statham head of hair rather than fret about my huge scar peeking through. Although you could just lie and say you got the scar surfing pipeline in hawaii ; )

Does anyone have pics of FUE scar pics buzzed or shaved a year or so out. I want to see if I am going to have a swiss cheese head. I think it would be easier to explain a surfing accident scar (strip HT) rather than a shotgun blast to the head (FUE HT).

Thanks Maxxy,I just sent him a personal message. Personally I think I could live with that scar, with his fair hair and fue into it I think it would be virtually invisible. Unfortunately my hair is a lot darker.