DHI and Amir Khan

dreadlocks

Last year I went for a consult with DHI - Didn't go with them but had a very pleasant sunny afternoon in London afterwards with a cold one. Anyway, for those that you don't know Amir Khan is a forty something bollywood legend. Perhaps, one of the ten top recognisable actors in the world.

I was fascinated to see that the walls in the rented office space were posted with pics of Amir Khan with staff from DHI. The guy I saw spent a lot of time telling me about the excellent work they had done on him (big stars probably don't have the same rights to confidentiality the rest of us take for granted!).

The story doesn't end there. A few weeks later I took the wife out for a much deserved night out and we watched Amir's latest hit: Ghajini. Amir is a perfectionist and the film is a homage to the perfection of his post work out body (google Ghajini and Amir Khan) and perfect hair transplant - complete with very clever use of strip scar. In fact he made it into a fashion statement. As a mere mortal I can but wonder that if DHI is good enough for Amir Khan, surely it is good enough for the rest of us? Don't expect them to keep it a secret though!

I hear what you are saying Hairismylife. Sorry it sounded disengenous but I have no agenda and am here to educate and share experience with guys (and of course girls) who are desperate for help and turn to flash advertising using models with hair brushed out as before pics. I am very much against the conveyor belt approach and budget transplants and am no fan of DHI, BHR, Hospital Group or any other cheap hair dealerships. But the question remains - Why would Amir Khan (A man instantly recognisable to a billion people) go there for his work and have the photos taken to prove it. Moreover, why is virender Sehwag (also known to roughly the same billion) now endorsing them and plastered across their website. Many other young dudes will ask the same question? Why? Why? Why?

Originally posted by dreadlocks:

I hear what you are saying Hairismylife. Sorry it sounded disengenous but I have no agenda and am here to educate and share experience with guys (and of course girls) who are desperate for help and turn to flash advertising using models with hair brushed out as before pics. I am very much against the conveyor belt approach and budget transplants and am no fan of DHI, BHR, Hospital Group or any other cheap hair dealerships. But the question remains - Why would Amir Khan (A man instantly recognisable to a billion people) go there for his work and have the photos taken to prove it. Moreover, why is virender Sehwag (also known to roughly the same billion) now endorsing them and plastered across their website. Many other young dudes will ask the same question? Why? Why? Why?

Celebrities aren't smart. That's one reason. At least not all of them are smart.

Plus, celebrities like to get paid endorsements and things for free. Free is cool, even if its just a $500 watch or a $500 Blackberry or a $10000 HT.

Plenty of celebrities have gone to bad HT surgeons and gotten bad HTs.

Why are you so fascinated by this phenomena? And why are you not a fan of DHI after you went for a consultation there? Or if you weren't a fan, why did you go at all?

Dreadlocks, no one amongst this informed and educated hair transplant community is asking the question why, why, why?

Except why do you treat us like idiots by pretending you have no connection with DHI? In a nutshell, DHI are desperate to improve their awful reputation for awful hair transplants. But your posts aren't going to achieve this. They'll have to try something else.

Whether you are a being paid by DHI or not is not for us to decide. Besides, it is irrelevant. We have a honor code on this forum that you should make public any affiliations with HT clinics or any related firms/companies. Some people follow it, some won't.

I agree Aamir looks great in his recent movies (I cannot confirm if he had a HT done or not; I have not seen any proof of this online at least.) Virender Sehwag's ( who admits having had a HT procedure from DHI) results are above average too. But 2 successful cases out of say a 100 or so attempted cases still does not speak much for the clinic now, does it? There are hundreds of botched up cases that have been ruing on this forum.

I have seen more negative reviews about DHI on this forum than positive ones, so I would keep myself away from them.