Safety of Rogaine Foam in Recipient Area after Surgery?

When is it safe to use Rogaine Foam in the recipient area after surgery?

Once it is safe to use in the grafted or recipient area, can/should you resume twice (2x) daily applications?

I have read mixed reports regarding irritation of the recipient area from the irritants in the Foam version.

When is it safe to use Rogaine Foam in the recipient area after surgery?

Once it is safe to use in the grafted or recipient area, can/should you resume twice (2x) daily applications?

I have read mixed reports regarding irritation of the recipient area from the irritants in the Foam version.

I think it's all right to use minoxidil right after your surgery, so long as you don't get any on your donor or recipient areas. If it's impossible for you not to, I believe you're supposed to wait about a week (you don't want to rub your grafts, and you'd have to to work in the medication) before resuming your schedule.

i was told that the faom isnt as good as the liquid form becuase it doesnt absorb as good, but its better to have faom than nothing

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

Originally posted by Balboa:

i was told that the faom isnt as good as the liquid form becuase it doesnt absorb as good, but its better to have faom than nothing

The evidence suggests just the opposite, but to be honest - the study was compared to placebo, as was the study of the original - not versus each other.

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

oh right the armani clinic told me that the foam wasnt as effective do you have the link from the studdy as i would consider swapping to foam if thats true

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

Originally posted by Balboa:

oh right the armani clinic told me that the foam wasnt as effective do you have the link from the studdy as i would consider swapping to foam if thats true

Hi Balboa, there are no studies comparing the two, that was my point - only each one was compared to Placebo...it is the same drug, just different delivery system. Here is an interesting thread however that may help~ Best of luck.

http://hair-restoration-info.c...6060861/m/1651054193

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

AKM,

I don't believe Balboa was trying to hijack your thread, since his initial reply was to you and related to the topic you started.

However, I do agree that the thread got sidetracked a little with continued discussion of the foam verses the liquid.

Let's keep this thread on target and discuss when Rogaine can be used safely and effectively after a hair transplant.

Best wishes,

Bill