Can Toppik and Dermmatch be used with hair gel?

Good question! I currently use some spray after I already gelled my hair, but am waiting for my Dermmatch to arrive. Currently, I gel my hair first then spray, but with Dermmatch, I plan to use it first then gel.

Anybody have any experience with this?

I have used Dermatch with gel successfully. You just want to steer clear of rubbing the gel into the scalp vigorously since the gel may remove the dermatch (most gels have alcohol in them). Apply the gel to the hair shaft and it should work just fine.

I never tried it with Toppik - I'm not sure how that would work. I would think that the gel would just release the toppik, but I'll leave that part of the question to someone who has tried it....

Lynnette

DISCLOSURE: I teach people how to order, wear and maintain non-biological hair AND an hourly rate applies! :)

I do NOT represent any hair company, I do NOT sell any products and my only clients are the people who need my services.

The type of coaching that I offer - personal phone calls, web-casts, video/picture sharing, email - all in a private environment - is what I am passionate about. I feel strongly that there are people who want to learn in a safe, private exchange by communicating with someone who ACTUALLY wears hair.

My desire is to help others learn how to wear hair confidently and quickly for a fair, affordable price.

Thanks guys. I haven't tried any gel yet but the Dermmatch gives me confidence where wind won't be an issue to show my receding temple (only left side is).

Because of this I may wait on getting some FUE done for a few more years (am 27 now).

• 2 months later...

if you use dermmatch, spread it around using your fingers, use a blow dryer on the cool setting to give it more natural look.. you should be able to use gel

First transplant with karamikian 6/05, less than 1000 to my hairline, result was mediocre at best.

2nd HT with Feller 2/08, 3000+ to my front third.

• 1 month later...

Davis, i second your opinion. I nvr could get the applicator right and its far too slow. Though its damn messy but i apply dermatch with my fingers and apply it like some gel. Since i have fairly long hair, i will comb it immediately after application else once the dermatch hardens, it will be v difficult to comb. At least thats for me

After that, throw in some toppik/nanogen and u r done :)

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730