Protective Collar

Hair2day, I was concerned too about sleeping just right and trying to protect the grafts, but it didn't matter afterall cuz everything came in all right. The cells are already transplanted and its just not that easy to remove them. Other than a gash in the recepient site don't be too concerned.

I highly recommend the c-shaped travel/neck pillows. For me, it wasn't so much that I was worried about hitting the grafts at night, but moreso that I was just not comfortable no matter how many pillows I had tried to arrange.

I picked-up a U shape airplane pillow at Wal-Mart for $6.88. Can't beat the price! Anyhow, my first two procedures I slept in a recliner chair to keep upright and the airplane pillow helped protect the graphs and prop my head to reduce swelling. This last transplant I propped 3-pillows again the back of the hotel bed and then used the airplane pillow to prop my head further and to prevent from rolling around. Also, keeping your head elevated and applying cold packs several times a day for 15 minutes to the forehead and temples for the first couple of days will drastically reduces your swelling. The little airplane pillow is worth its weight in gold!

I agree with everyone here about the travel pillow, you cannot beat it! I got a memory foam pillow (like it alot better than the others) at Kohls for $4. Originally $30--typical Kohls sale.

I have attached a pic of my bed and how I set it up to prevent from rolling over (you can make fun of me, but it worked)...Enjoy the pic:

Bed.jpg.76035ea60ccdf3bf89a186e40a7e7bc2.jpg

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...