Can I do something to fix this *pics inside*

So heres the deal. Im fairly young, just under 30 and even though Im in pretty good shape Ive always had a minor double chin (via 'wonderful genes I guess') and anyhow about 7 weeks ago I had a necklift done. They moved the skin up and tightened it with a little lipo in there.

Ok so this relates to hair in that a week or so after I noticed a nice patch of hair missing. Almost what looks like a slash on my face. I realize its minor but hey, none of us would be here if we didnt care about our looks in some way right?

So I guess my questions are:

1. What is the liklihood this will 'grow back' on its own? Its looks like there is no folical there, not that Im an expert but that makes me think its dead (maybe the shockloss from the necklift?)

2. If it most likely wont come back I may want to look into transplanting just a few hairs so its not so obvious. Since most of these convos are about transplanting on someones head, I wasnt sure if anyone would know if what Im looking to do is possible or if Im a good candidate or what

Anyways, any help is appreciated

Pics:

BEFORE

before.jpg

AFTER

after.jpg

before.thumb.jpg.81c623b33dd00d78b3264738785331da.jpg

Hi

First of all, it looks great.

Second, the lack of hairs make it look a bit like a scar. Don't sweat it if it doesn't regrow. It gives you a rugged look. Personally I've learned to love my imperfections, it's part of who I am. Perfection is dull!

also, chicks dig scars. icon_wink.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

The thing is I like having that lack of shaven look, however I always shave my neck area. But my face I will let it grow out for up to about 4 days before shaving and then I repeat, so I def want it to grow.

I suppose Id be with the minority WANTING facial hair lol. It def bothers me though as much as I hate caring about it. I think a lot of it is because before Feb 1, it wasnt missing, and then due to the surgery, the hair fell out / died. I know its only been 7 weeks so Im thinking there may be a chance it comes back but I dunno. Just trying to get more clarity on my options

I threw another pic in there that I took a min ago which I think will better illustrate

after2.jpg

Thanks guys!

You know... when you get cosmetic surgery, there is a chance of something going wrong. Hopefully nothing critical, but by definition the outcome cannot be perfect.

Indeed, you can try to rectify the 'problem' but this too may cause new complications.

The point is that your scar (for lack of a better word) is minimal, I think it looks great on you. So why not just make it one of those small things that are unique to you.

Personally I have one on my chin from an accident as a kid. Despite having had 3 HT's I would never bother to do anything about it since it's just part of me.

So I agree with Vince. Your masculinity has increased, but each to his own I guess.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

Do you shave with a beard trimmer or shave against the grain without a lap with the grain?

same happens to me, somehow I ended up with a similar line in my stache (lack of stache) and also have tiny holes in my stubble.

wait 3 months, then worry if it hasnt come back. or just grow a narly beard and you wont even notice.

2998 grafts/ Dr. Rahal/ 9/11/2007

My Hair Loss Weblog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Rahal

Pretty damn happy

I always use a Mach 3 or Mach 5 blade. I go downwards and on occasion will go upwards as well, esp on my neck area.

LOL to the narly beard idea. I def like the 3 day look with the stuble, seems to be 'in' these days. Not sure Id want the Grizzly Adams look tho icon_smile.gif

Ill wait another 7 weeks before I start to worry more. All your comments reinforce how minor it is, but I dunno, it still sorta bothers me. But again, Ill hold off before making any rash decisions.

I see my necklift doc around that time too so Ill mention to him

Thx!

• 3 weeks later...