Staying at an apartment instead of a hotel after HT

Hi Everyone,

I've booked a procedure with Dr Rahal in a few months. It's not a problem for me to be away from home/work for a month or six weeks, so I'm considering staying in Canada for at least three weeks after the procedure.

Part of the reason I want to do this is that the country I am flying from has some strict immigration controls where all foreigners are photographed when they enter the country. Being asked to remove your hat is bad enough, but to then be photographed is...not fun.

The cost of staying at a hotel for 3 weeks or a month is going to be very high, so I wondered if anyone knows of basic furnished apartments in Ottawa available for short term stay?

Thanks for any info.

Hi Everyone,

I've booked a procedure with Dr Rahal in a few months. It's not a problem for me to be away from home/work for a month or six weeks, so I'm considering staying in Canada for at least three weeks after the procedure.

Part of the reason I want to do this is that the country I am flying from has some strict immigration controls where all foreigners are photographed when they enter the country. Being asked to remove your hat is bad enough, but to then be photographed is...not fun.

The cost of staying at a hotel for 3 weeks or a month is going to be very high, so I wondered if anyone knows of basic furnished apartments in Ottawa available for short term stay?

Thanks for any info.

I think it is a good idea to stay in an apartment for a week or so, it is more comfortable than a hotel over a longer period especially as there is a separate bedroom and living room. Plus you can follow up with the clinic if anything goes wrong and you can most likely go in every day so that they can wash the hair for you so the grafts won't come out and the scabs get cleaned up nicely. Also it will give time for any swelling to settle down before you go home.

I went to eat at a steakhouse a couple hours after surgery!

Felt a little dizzy, got some stares, but the steak was great and it sure beat laying in the hotel room all evening long.

Most of the people probably thought I was in a car accident. I wasn't from the area, so who cares.

Ron

Originally posted by hair_care:

Come on man! Don't waste that kind of money staying in an apartment for 3 weeks, In my opinion just grin and bear it , once you get home use that money and get yourself something you have always been wanting to get, to celebrate a future head full of hair!!! icon_smile.gif

I agree, return the next day and relax @ home

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I have a 20 hr journey to get home, so I'm not keen on travelling for that length of time the day after the procedure.

I was originally planning to stay for about 2 weeks anyway to make sure there were no unexpected complications and perhaps do some sight seeing. I reside in a non-English speaking country (no, I don't mean Scotland), and I'm not exactly fluent in the local language so I'd prefer to be sure that things are healing well before I go home.

Still haven't decided for sure though icon_smile.gif