Has anyone tried Tresemme shampoo?

Someone In my local paper wrote to Dr. Gott from NYC that they used Tresemme shampoo for to months and see all kinds of new hair coming in. This shampoo had vitamin E and aloe with keratin in it. Now for you people who don't know who Dr. Gott is he is a doctor who answers questions to medical problems people are having. I think I'm going to check this shampoo out.

I've used this shampoo, but not for any extended length of time or for hair loss. As far as I was concerned, it was just a nice shampoo.

There is some evidence to suggest the tocotrienol molecule of Vitamin E may help stop hair loss however, only when consumed orally, not topically. See more on Vitamin E for hair loss.

I wouldn't get your hopes up on any shampoo to regrow hair. However, feel free to share your experience and report back to us on how you like it if you try it.

Best wishes,

Bill

I would have to agree with Bill. My wife has this shampoo, I use Nioxin which 'says' it cleans DHT - but I do not think it can get access to the bottom of the scalp. I personally do know if I would trust that Treseme would regrow hair.

John

• 3 weeks later...

Just came across this thread, I'm pretty shocked.

Is Tresemme being marketed as beneficial to hair loss in the US?

I'm not suggesting it isn't. Here in the UK it has been on the market for a long time, it has never been mentioned as beneficial for hair loss.(to my knowledge)

Over here you can get a 900ml bottle for around ??3 so $4? in the cheap shops. (Poundland, Wilkinsons and the likes)

You will struggle to get a SMALL bottle of any branded shampoo for that price here, Nizoral is around ??9/$13 for 100ml.

Tresemme in Wilkinsons

• 3 weeks later...

i know Dr. Gott..

Tresemme shampoo??

I used it everyday! This shampoo will quench your dehydrated hairs' thirst - thanks to its nourishing formula with vitamin E and restorative sunflower, hazelnut and almond extracts.

tresemme.jpg