How many grafts would you think i need?

How old are you?

What is your family hair loss history?

Are you taking hair loss medication like Propecia or Rogaine?

If yes then for how long?

What are your expectations for results? In other words, how low do you wish for your new hairline to be placed and are you looking for the temples to be filled?

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Forehead - I had similar loss to yours and I had 3000 grafts. I had 2 estimates, one from Umar, one from H&W and they were the same, 3k.

They both felt b/c I had a fairly thick forelock it would look unnatural if it was thinner on the temples.

Good luck!

Had 3k With Umar on Feb 16, 2009

My Hair Loss Website

Thanks guys. Im 23, i dont plan to bring it back to my natural hairline because it would be too obvious too others and I dont want to be that greedy. my dad is probab a norwood 7 but with some hair on top. I look pretty like him with same shape head so prob headin that route. I had a consult with DHI dublin in November 08 and they said about 800 to 1000 grafts to keep the hairline high, i hope i havent lost that much hair since icon_confused.gif I plan to start using propecia but I dont know where to get it in ireland so was thinkin of getting it when I get a consult.Had laser 2yrs ago and was on minoxidil and DHT blockers and I was told it will last a lifetime how naive was i??? but crown thickened hopefullly it will stay.but just got a cheque back for 800 during the week from them so some consilation(spent about 2300)

i cant seem to post most of my photos they are all over 300kb and thats the limit per post!! any help?? abehogg you got a serious new hairline if i can get anything like that I would jizz my pants icon_wink.gif. Just wondering how long did you have to stay off work? I work in an office and can only take 2 wks off. might try keep my hair on top longer to cover over the recipient area.

Cheers for the info

I just wrote a post on how many grafts are needed in a tranplant which may be helpful for you to read.

http://hair-restoration-info.c...66060861&m=615103223

If your dad is a Norwood 7 you do have to be more on the conservative side. Just do enough to fill in the temporal corners and reinforce your hairline for now. That should take between 1,000 and 1,500 grafts. And in your case since it is hairline work, any clinic would cut down your 3 and 4 hair grafts to make only one and two hair grafts so you won't be using up much of your donor.

Being on Finasteride helps but it won't guarantee any more hair loss. It can lose its efficacy in some patients and unfortunately we can't predict in which patietns this happens.

You should consult with more then one clinic. Most clinics will do free consults and if the clinic is not in your area they will do the consult over the telephone.

I hope this is helpful

Dr. Paul Shapiro

hi foreheadgump.Im also from ireland and i buy proscar from qhi online.no problems delivering just need a credit card.I split the proscar into 4 and lasts 8 months for 2 boxes costing around 100 euro.This is exactly the same as propecia just larger tabs 5mg.