UK or Belgium clinic

Hi Guys,

Ive recently decided to go down the route of HT and have been researching for a couple of months on a couple of forums to try and get advice on which clinic to visit.From what i can gather,the only uk clinic worthy is Farjo in manchester but ive also been looking into and speaking with the BHR clinic in brussels (Dr Basanga).Does anyone have any more info on BHR?,i couldnt find much on this site doing a search and the clinic isnt listed in your recommended lists so just wondering if anyone on here has experience with them?

im 31 and about a norwood 3.Im starting on proscar very soon and hoping to have a strip procedure in october/november when i finally decide on a clinic.

thanks!

hi.I think if you are going down the strip route you should definitely consider dr ferudini and dr devroye in belgium and in the uk dr fargo.These are at the top in europe and the world.Dr bisanga has some excellent fue results and is probably at the top for fue.Have not seen enough of his strip work to put him in the same class as the others mentioned.imho

Hi folliclediabolical

I agree with what paddy said: if you're going abroad and go to Belgium there are a couple of great clinics you can go to:

I see you're looking for a strip surgery, in that case I can recommend you to give dr Feriduni a visit and Dr Devroye (these two are recommended by this website and truly are worth mentioning) Dr Bisanga and Dr mwamba are also two great surgeons with a great reputation as well.

Dr Feriduni : http://www.hairdocs.info/

Dr Devroye : http://www.hairtransplantsurgery.co.uk/

Dr Bisanga : http://www.bhrclinic.com/belgium_index.htm

Dr Mwamba : http://www.mywhtc.com/

(In The Netherlands): http://www.transhair.nl/

as for Fue: the most respected clinic in the Benelux(Belgium Netherlands Luxembourg):

Porhairclinic (belgium)

http://www.prohairclinic.com/default.asp?language=en

wish you the best

paddy and skunky have given you a lot of exciting options.europe really is coming into its own regarding hair transplantation results.

all the dr's mentioned are class acts.

good luck. icon_smile.gif

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Dr. Feriduni, Dr. Devroye, and Dr. Farjo are all outstanding. I would choose the one that is the least expensive and closest.

I'm not so sure about Dr. Bisanga. Much of his work looks impressive, but a patient of his posted a result on this site a month or so ago that was very troubling. Dr. Bisanga left a noticeable gap between the transplanted and native hairs. It wasn't that the patient lost native hair and a gap was created, Dr. Bisanga left the gap. Whether it was conscious desire, or mere inadvertence, the fact remains that the surgery was unsuccessful.

I know nothing about Dr. Mwamba. As for Prohair, they make some very bold statements on their website that are unsupportable. One example is "No risks, no complications, no visible scarring." There are risks with FUE, there can be complications, and there is visible scarring. Any clinic that makes false statements like those is immediately scratched off of my list.

It's true that in the UK there is Farjo and then there is everyone else -- and you don't want the latter.

Belgium has a lotta options, indeed. I think Dr. Devroye is extremely impressive, and I have a lot of faith in his work and his ethics as a doctor. The more you see about him and his clinic the more impressed you get.

If you decide to go the route of FUE I would still certainly consider Dr. Devroye, too; at the same time, I would absolutely research Bisanga for FUE. Unfortunately, he basically has never been involved in this forum, and like the one time his name popped up it was that peculiar situation with a patient showing a "gap" in his HT. And unfortunately once again, no new information or explanation was ever shed on things. If you consult with Dr. Bisanga I'd bring this up.

But, I have seen more FUE work from Bisanga's than most anyone else (not just the stuff he shows on his site but on other forums) and it's pretty remarkable. The only other Dr. of whom I've seen as much quality FUE work from is Dr. Feller in the U.S.

And for pretty much everything TC said about Prohair (as well as lackluster results), I wouldn't seriously consider them.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I have to agree with TC17; I never went with prohair as well, but they do have a high reputation here and alot of happy patients on the dutch forum ; maybe because they are the cheapest when it comes down to Fue (since they only offer Fue )

I've also seen the results from the guy who went with Bisanga and had that open gap; which really was bothersome for me as well since it was obvious it was a big mistake chosen by the doc himself for which I can't understand any plausible answer except that the patient would have let the doc make this decision which I really doubt since no one would want a situation like that. One of dr Bisanga's staff members recently posted on the Dutch forum and so I mentioned it as well but I never got any reply about this situation so I'm very sceptical about dr Bisanga as well but I just added some clinics which do have some reputation here.

As for prohair's false statements I think it's all about advertising; still many people think Fue is the scarless method and naieve people easily fall for such statements.

Why I never opted for prohair myself is that they don't offer Fut; I always became worried about fue when it came down to the donor area; with fue you really thin out the donor area on purpose so if you need to have multiple surgeries with lots of grafts you can end up with a see through occipital and a full head on top; but Prohair said that the donor area with Fut equally thins out like it will do with Fue;except you won't get a long scar with the latter; for me this was an unacceptable salestalk; for me surgeons need to make people aware of the advantages and the dangers or negative points about the method and so I ended up with dr Feriduni who's really nice and honest about everything; So as for myself If I had to chose a doc in Belgium it would be Dr Devroye or dr Feriduni (both gave me the best information and honesty)

But it all comes down to a personal preference and situation.