Some advice please

Bear with me for a minute while I explain my situation. I am 27, I had a Strip HT 3500 grafts 2 years ago with Alvi Armani. Overall I am fairly happy with the results I would just like a little more density at the temples.( I kept my hairline pretty modest, my hair looks similar to the late actor Heath Ledger to give an example) My question is this, should I look to do a FUE touch up of 1000 or so grafts? or can I do a strip surgery of less than 2000? I'm not sure I could fit any more than that. Or would it be smarter to wait until im in my 30s, see where Im at and have a larger surgery? Sorry about the long post, any advice would be appreciated

Bear with me for a minute while I explain my situation. I am 27, I had a Strip HT 3500 grafts 2 years ago with Alvi Armani. Overall I am fairly happy with the results I would just like a little more density at the temples.( I kept my hairline pretty modest, my hair looks similar to the late actor Heath Ledger to give an example) My question is this, should I look to do a FUE touch up of 1000 or so grafts? or can I do a strip surgery of less than 2000? I'm not sure I could fit any more than that. Or would it be smarter to wait until im in my 30s, see where Im at and have a larger surgery? Sorry about the long post, any advice would be appreciated

Are you happy with your hair, right now? If so, I suggest you put off taking any surgical measures until you are not. If not, I suppose you could consider taking action now; just keep in mind, it would be unwise to exhaust your entire donor supply on getting a Blagojevich hairline, then end up with nothing to fill in spaces that may later go empty.

Hello Judge Holden,

I know is sounds like a canned answer, but I would really recommend talking to Dr. Armani or another HT doctor. I say this because it affecting you enough to ask, and he may have several different options that may not require surgery. I just had my 2nd HT on 03/18, and part of it was refilling my temples. I receded over 2 inches in the 10 years after my 1st HT so my Dr and I thought that it would be the best option. I would not be too scared of a Blagojevich hairline (if that was an HT job, the doc should have his license revoked -jk-)

The HT doctor will not go that far. Its funny that CJG mentioned him because when my dr recommended doing the front line, I said "I don't want to look like Blago." He did measurements on my head and said it is important that I look like my assumed age after the procedure. They may have meds, lasers, and other things that can help until you need a full HT.

I'm not worried about using up all my donor hair because this is an area I would be looking to thicken up eventually anyway. I noticed Armani only does fue now? I am planning on booking a consultation with Dr. Rahal in Ottawa to get his opinion.

I agree with PGP.

Rahal would be a fine choice and I also agree that if you have already undergone strip surgery, as long as you have remaining donor hair, I see it as somewhat pointless to choose FUE, as you scar is already apparent!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Judge, great choice of Doc and I wish you the best of luck on your path.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Not having seen yer pics, but judging from what you've said and your proximity to Rahal, I totally agree -- Rahal would be a fine choice to go see. Looks like you really want to get refined density so exceptional growth is paramount and coupled w/ already having had strip...another FUT op prolly' makes solid sense!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I also agree that you should go with the strip route even if it just for 1000 grafts.

I am sure dr. Rahal can give you some sound recommendations.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

My opinion, given the size of your first strip was moderate - Go FUE, then in the future FUE the scar. You will be able to clip lower as you get older and it will still look good (which is likely given your hairloss).

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE