I am Going Bald Save ME,

First of all, you need to establish if your hairloss is MPB or some sort of nutrient/mineral deficiency, or if it's radiation exposure...etc.

Then if it is mineral deficiency, you can go ahead under medical supervision to supplement your diet with such substance.

Biotin which is a version of Vitamin B, (I believe) cannot ON ITS OWN cure/help MPB.

take care...

I strongly believe that Biotin is being wrongly undermined. Biotin WILL NOT stop hair-loss BUT SHOULD be used to thicken the hair. It works VERY VERY WELL. In only 2 weeks you will realize that your hair feels much heavier, thicker. I'm taking 7,500mg per day along with Finasteride, Procerin (pill and lotion)and Minoxidil 5%. It's obviously important to specify that I DO NOT take all these products at the same time; I do 3-6-month cycles. I've been taking Finasteride for just over 2 years and I'm now taking 1mg in the morning and 1mg in the afternoon and this works amazingly well. I diet, workout, dance, take vitamins, don't smoke, don't do drugs and have absolutely no side-effects for taking this increased dose of Finasteride.

Right now i'm taking Finasteride, Biotin and Procerin lotion.

I switch between Procerin lotion and Minoxidil every 4-6 months. I never stop taking Finasteride and Biotin, and every 6 months I add 2 months of Procerin pill on top of Finasteride.

I have to say that it is EXTREMELY important to stop EVERYTHING for about 2-4 weeks every 6 months to let the body take a break so when you start again, all these products work better.

I'm 27 and I was Norwood II (close to III); I'm now moving closer to Norwood I after 2 years.

I strongly believe that Biotin is being wrongly undermined. Biotin WILL NOT stop hair-loss BUT SHOULD be used to thicken the hair. It works VERY VERY WELL. In only 2 weeks you will realize that your hair feels much heavier, thicker. I'm taking 7,500mg per day

Please submit the scientific data.

If you are intent on promoting a business or product you need to contact the forum adminstrator concerning the rules for such.

take care...

Ale.S,

Biotin is a nutritional supplement that has been around for years and is taken orally. The concept of biotin was discovered in the fur industry. Minks and chinchilla's were raised for their pelts in making mink coats. Apparently when these animals were fed raw eggs, a protein called avidin inhibited biotin in the vitamin pathway and the animals started to shed creating sparse pelts. When raw eggs were omitted from their diet, the animals recovered. In other words, this ingredient may be beneficial for those people who have an extreme bioton deficiency from eating a heavy supply of raw eggs - but there have not been any clinical studies on human beings for biotin as a hair loss treatment. I also haven't seen any studies that it can thicken hair either.

Then again, thickening hair is just a matter of making the hair shaft swell. Volumizing shampoos do this too and are pretty inexpensive.

Bill

Hi,

First off; i'm a Print Production Manager and Musician; it's not my intention to promote any business related to hair-loss.

My statement was based on this link;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biotin

Plus, statements from my two close friends (and now myself) that are already taking it and had great results. By great results I only mean "thicker" hair.

I you read the above link; it's rare that people suffer from lack of Biotin and even if they do, the suggested dose is minimal. SO, why would someone manufacture Biotin @ 7,500mcg? why such a high dose? I think someone realized that extremely high doses of Biotin do increase hair thickness.

Both of my friends take 2 caps per day, that's 15,000mcg!!!! One of them is not even NWI, he's 40 y/o and have no hair-loss but still he takes it and says his hair feels amazingly heavier. He's a hair stylist.

The product that comes with 7,500mcg is named Megabiotin and the Vitamin Shoppe stocks it.

Thanks.

Ale.S,

If you aren't working in the hair loss industry at all, why are you pushing the use of Procerin on this forum and linking to their site on another forum? Your words are much more commanding than just suggestions:

"DON'T even doubt it, go buy Procerin pills and lotion today; it does work along with Finasteride"

Your point of views are welcome here as long as you follow the rules according to our terms of service.

Frankly, you're going to have a hard time convincing people that these treatments work without sharing your personal experience with before and after photos.

Bill

yeah it works

even iwas suggested two pills a day with multivitamin EMVIT it has the required supplements for hair growth and even i was suggested minoxidil 5% with it,but not propecia.

i think biotin really works Bill

as we are not doctors , we should not comment on any prescription laid by any doctor

The doctor who prescribed me biotin is a really old and reputed doc , one has to wait for 3 hours in his office to reach him

I think probably his experience must have led him to prescribe biotin

Doctors in india dont prescribe propecia , probably due to its side -effects

The doctor who prescribed me biotin is a really old and reputed doc , one has to wait for 3 hours in his office to reach him

This says ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

BTW I am also on Biotin, but my confidence is in Finasteride and Minoxidil.

As Bill said: "Frankly, you're going to have a hard time convincing people that these treatments work without sharing your personal experience with before and after photos."

Submit the scientific data and photo-documentation.

take care...

Bill, if I broke the rules and conditions of this forum; I apologize, I (obviously) didn't read it.

Why would I encourage multiple products if I'm trying to sell one? I'd promote my product only.

If somebody asks me "what's Procerin?", I'm sorry but I will send him to the manufacturers website so they check by themselves; and you should also mention that I told this person to buy Biotin @ Vitamin Shoppe because I know they stock it. I'm not doing business and I'll appreciate you do not label me that way. Thanks.

The whole point here is that people gotta try harder. I did and got better results; I never said it's magic stuff, I always said that little by little, many products help.

Regarding Doctors, remember that they ARE putting their name on the line when they prescribe drugs. Do you think Mr. Bernstein will suggest you do a "cycle" like the one a suggested? Not in a million years any doctor will say that.

By the way; Procerin gave me AMAZING results on my hair-line but; I do not think it worked all by itself, it was way too good to be truth from just one product.

I'm not looking to convince anybody; I suffer hair-loss and found a great way to combat it and here is my formula to share with you guys. If someone wants to try it out, now they know. If they wanna stick to one pill a day and go watch tv, that's fine with me too. I'm a Manager, I'm always commanding and encouraging people to do stuff.

If we all agree that Finasteride, Procerin, Biotin and Minoxidil all work; Why don't we put them all to work for our suffering self-esteem?

Take care.

You know what? I'll schedule an appoinment with Mr. Bernstein. He took a photo of me before I started on Propecia over 2 years ago. I'll try to get a new photo taken and hopefully have him e-mail them to me. I'll also discuss my "cycle" idea.

Thanks.

Ale.S,

Thanks for the clarification. So far, you haven't broken the rules. And if you've genuinely had success with these treatments, I surely don't want to take that away from you.

However, your last statement is contradictory:

"If we all agree that Finasteride, Procerin, Biotin and Minoxidil all work; Why don't we put them all to work for our suffering self-esteem?"

You said in a previous message that you agree biotin does nothing to stop hair loss. Now you are saying it works which implies it's on the same level as finasteride which is proven to stop hair loss.

There is no proof that biotin can stop hair loss and the ingredients in Procern are mostly conjectured with little to no evidence to stop hair loss.

Read more about Procerin and biotin.

Best wishes,

Bill

There is also another critical aspect to look at regarding hair-loss; androgenetic alopecia. We all know it's got to do with testerone, because it's the source of DHT which kills the hair.

Know, I came to this conclusion thru my own experience. Before I started on Finasteride, 30 months ago, I was 23 y/o suffering some hair-loss. At the time I didn't even think about my hair-loss. I decided I wanted to play serious soccer in some major league so I got in touch with a friend, elite personal trainner, and started dieting, exercicing 5 to 6 times a week; drills, gym, suplements, you name it! I did this for about 10 months. During this period I took many natural supplements. During this period, I noticed a MAJOR! hair-loss accelaration. And then I REALLY worried about my hair-loss. I was SO SO frustraded.

If I was SO SO healthy, how come I was losing my hair SO quickly??? My trainer, thinking he knew about hair-loss, told me to take Ultimate Nutrition Dhea 100 Mg - 100 Caps; (search DHEA at www.dpsnutrition.com) a vitamin to increase my testosterone levels so we could "improve the quality" of my testosterone to avoid hair-loss. BAD MOVE! my hair-loss just worsen! I was nearing NWIII.

ALSO! I was taking this amazing vitamin called "Gro Pro"; it's for muscle growth and IT SKY-ROCKETS YOUR TESTOSTEONE LEVELS!!!!! BAD BAD BAD MOVE AGAIN! But, I didn't know any of this at the time.

So I started my research and found Mr. Bernstein. I was ready for hair implants when he said I was too young and I had to try Propecia for a good number of years first. At this point I had already finished all this training madness, I was tired of being in such a strict regime.

Now, Mr. Bernstein asked if I was taking anything and I said "DHEA". He said "what? why?". I replied "to improve the quality of my testosterone". He said I was only making my hair-loss worse.

So I stop Dhea and Gro Pro immediately!!

So; the point I'm trying to make is that you have to watch your testosterone levels!!! It's critical. I recommend to go to your doctor and have your testosterone levels checked. You need to know what level you are at. If you suffer low libido, then very likely your testosterone is pretty low. If you have low libido and hair-loss; you got a big problem because not only your testosterone is low (so low libido) but your testosterone ALSO creates A LOT of DHT; which kills your hair!! Makes sense?

So if you tell your doctor you wanna improve your sex-drive; he will prescribe you testosterone (hormone) BUT it will accelerate your hair-loss!!!

Now; if you have really high testosterone levels, then very likely you have a VERY VERY happy girlfriend. But you might be losing hair as well. In this case, you can take (on top of all hair-loss treatments) a natural vitamin to REDUCE your testosterone levels, therefore, directly reducing your hair-loss. Makes sense?

A perfect case is someone who has a VERY high testosterone level in which THIS TESTOSTERONE does not create enough DHT to kill your hair. Makes sense? This is a genetic thing and I'm hoping for a new vitamin/drug that will increase testosterone levels and completly block any DHT from being created; which I think such a product doesn't exist yet.

So, I suggest you check your testosterone levels with your doctor and act accordingly.

Thank!