Working out post op

I know this has been mentioned before, but is it safe to workout 4 weeks post op without putting the receipient area at risk? Is blood flow an issue? Could this theoretically tamper with the graft survival rate?

I know this has been mentioned before, but is it safe to workout 4 weeks post op without putting the receipient area at risk? Is blood flow an issue? Could this theoretically tamper with the graft survival rate?

I would recommend starting out at 75% or so; and then working your way up. My problem was the donor area felt like it would stretch when working out, especially when laying flat on a bench or something.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Originally posted by Scorpian:

I took TWO weeks off from exercise, I run and lift.

Then I eased back into it, listening to what my body was telling me. BE very careful if you do setups as you do not want to stretch the donor area scar! I do setups and I do not put my hands behind my head (never do anyway, but some do) and keep you head straight or back, just so you do not bend your head towards your chest as this will stretch the donor scar, use common sense....on any exercise that may cause you to do this.

good advice rjnebbo..i do the same thing...it will be two weeks thursday post op...i mainly lift arms and legs...i do bench but i don't lay my head on the bench...if i feel any stretch at all on the back of the head i just don't do that exercise...forget about completing the set...just drop that exercise and move on...definitely don't do back exercises or abs.

no pain no gain