Mixing Minoxidil

The irritation comes from the alcoholic vehicle. Unless there is an innovative way of using another vehicle, then there will always be the chance of irritation.

There are other types of vehicles such as distilled water, though minoxidil molecules are not dissolved in such.

take care...

honestly, if irritation is a concern...spend a little more (ok a bunch in this economic environment) and get the Rogaine Foam. You can get it cheaper at Sam's Club or Costco. And if you don't have a card, find a friend/colleague that does.

It is less irritating and same strength!

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

But, by mixing 2% sol'n. with 5%, one ought to end up with more minoxidil (medication) than in the 2% (3.5%) and less propylene glycol than in the 5% (mid-way between the quantity in either). Right...?

Glycol is non-irritating. As a matter of fact, glycerine which is related to it is used as a soothing agent for mouth applications.

Don't be concerned with 3.5% concentrations.

The world has moved past 2% and 5%.

Concentrations are as high as 12.5% and 15%.

take care...

I'm a NW2-3....Look into Xandrox. They make concentrations up to 15%. My routine as of this past January is using one small doseage of Xandrox 12% once a day in the morning on the front part of my scalp/hairline. I can say without a doubt, that there has been regrowth on the front. Small hairs, but growth none the less. And any shedding has stopped.

Also, just about 2 weeks ago, I began using the 15% solution on my temples...where there is no hair. I simply take a q-tip and dab a small amount on the q-tip and tap it onto my temple area. My mind may be playing tricks on me, but I swear I already see a "strengthening"/thickening of the temple hairline and a few new hairs. It's potent stuff....which is why I use a minimal amount of it. Does anyone else here have any experience with Xandrox?...any results?

I don't work for them btw....just really impressed so far.

So is 5% not worthwhile or effective?

I've been thinking about switching to the foam, but some people say it's LESS effective, which surprised me.

Would it be a bad idea to do foam in the morning and dropper at night?

I have a shaved head buzzcut, by the way.

xxy,

You have to start off ANY medication treatment at low dosages, and judge the efficacy of the administration, before moving on to a more powerful substance. This is because with each drug there is an associated side effect (which may be negative) and this side effect becomes more powerful with anincreasingly powerful drug.

The same principle applies to finasteride and dutasteride.

Alternating between foam and dropper is a non-issue. You WILL NOT get vastly superior results with foam. As a matter of fact, some people believe that the foam was just put on the market because the patent on the "regular" preparation expired...

take care...