Sides/Temple

Do most HT patients need the sides hit ? You know, above the ear towards the front, where it connects to the hairline ? MY sides are rapidily receding backwards. I need a hairline touch up and am thinking of getting the sides hit.

With a high hairline like mine do you still need the sides hit ?

Do most HT patients need the sides hit ? You know, above the ear towards the front, where it connects to the hairline ? MY sides are rapidily receding backwards. I need a hairline touch up and am thinking of getting the sides hit.

With a high hairline like mine do you still need the sides hit ?

Veteran HT patients !!!

Please advise if a soon to be nw 6 should get the sides hit with my touch up session. Will it look odd? I noticed Joe,Pat, and uncleJim had their sides hit. I need all the hair I can get so I am wondering if the sides will be a waste.

Eastcoast.

When reconstructing a hairline it's important to remember that the hairline does not end at the frontal temple angle but that it also continues down both sides. As the top hair thins the sides also receed (usually with the right receeding more than the left). When designing the top hairline it's important to locate it such that it balance the sides. If the top is placed too low or if a lower hairline is desirable(providing there is sufficient donor hair) then the sides will need to be built up to restore the balanced look.

Since the hair on the temples lays very flat a relatively smaller amount of graft will provide excellant coverage.

EastCoast

700 to 800g will cover a very large temple area. Most people will be fine with 500 to 600. I usually will place 70-90 singles per side. The temples do not require as many singles as the top hairline. As long as the hairs are angled and directed to match the existing hair 2 hair grafts work amazingly well

Shed,

How many grafts did the side take ?

750 total. My right temple needed more than my left so I would guess that the split was more like 450 on the right and 300 on the left.

Chaos, panic and disorder...my work here is done.

hey shed.....how does that look now? is it still red or is the temple work now unnoticable? do you have any current pics? I think I want to have a bit of temple work done too but I fear that since that is an area with no existing hair, my HT will be obvious. Trying to avoid that.

Hugh,

Recent Photos

My temple redness is actually clearing up faster than the rest. What little hair that has remained since my HT (only 2 months)looks as if it were always there - excellent match.

I think that your questioned is better posed to Jotronic since he has had a good amount of temple work and his are fully developed. I've seen his HT in person and could not imagine it without the temple work - it's that good.

Chaos, panic and disorder...my work here is done.

Shed,

It is good to see that the rednessin your temple is basically gone. I am only 12 days post op and the temple redness is already fading as well.

Joe's temple work does wonders for his overall appearance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

To see some very impressive restoration of the side and temple areas using lateral slits visit http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=5696015661&f=9466060861&m=925104753

These photos reveal some interesting advances in how follicular unit surgery is know being done at a highly refined level.

In the past surgeons often avoided attempting to restore hair in the temples and hairline at along the sides of the face. These areas required very subtle work using fine grafts placed at very acute angles to the scalp laterally. Many surgeons just weren't up to doing this.

Therefore in patients who had considerable recession in the temples and sides, the fully restored hairline on top did not really match the receded hair in the temples and sides.

It is clear from this patient that Dr. Cooley has done an excellent job on not only restoring his hairline on top but also his sides and temporal corners. Thus this patient (the first winner of a free hair transplant) will have a restored look with the pattern on top matching the pattern on the sides.

Surgeons who are really at the top of their game should be expected to do such work for those who need it. Those who do not are simply not up to pare.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

sorry for the hijacking of this thread but this stupid message board still wont let me create a new topic...

Guys - My only concern with the HT procedure is how it will look with future loss... so my questionis about hair weaving... does anybody have any info about it? does it damage hair to the extent of systems etc?

Also, i now and again miss a day of taking my 1/4 proscar.. does this give anything to worry about?

cheers,