no idea whats going on

I've been told that the hair behind my ears are thinning. Recession starts from the bottom and moves to the top or something like that.

Why would I be thinning in that area I thought they were safe zones. Also limits my donor supply now because those hairs make up a lot of the hair transplant. What do I do now? Currently taking proscar which im hoping will help.

I've been told that the hair behind my ears are thinning. Recession starts from the bottom and moves to the top or something like that.

Why would I be thinning in that area I thought they were safe zones. Also limits my donor supply now because those hairs make up a lot of the hair transplant. What do I do now? Currently taking proscar which im hoping will help.

Guest wanthairs

take a chance

I was told by a doc this is extremely common. sapparently most men have this and I do too but it should not affect your donor supply

Take a chance,

Based on your description, I'm wondering if you may have diffuse unpatterned alopecia (DUPA). Typically, DUPA patients aren't good hair transplant candidates, but this varies depending on the extent and pattern of the loss. Consult with a dermatologist to see if your hair loss is related to DUPA.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hey Bill

My session has already been completed. The Doctor took out 4300 grafts but said he did not use hair from that area that was thining as it would not look good. I still have donor hair left over for future but I dont think that many baybe 2 or 3k if im lucky. Im 5 days post op now and just taking it easy. I just hope it all turns out well. I'm on proscar too so hopefully that thinning improves and gives me better quality hair under the ear.

So far i dont think I have lost any grafts but I still have a lot of scabs which I am taking it very easy still since its early but within next few days will massage lightly.

I cant tell which ones are the scabs and which ones are the grafts and this worries me abit. What is the scalp supposed to look like at the moment there is a lot of red scabs. Its my first procedure and had quite a large session as I had extensive hair loss nw6.

Im obssessing quite a bit about the whole thing. I just noticed that in the middle of my recipient area there are like a few small white spots. Does this mean the scabs are leaving or does it mean grafts have fallen. I havent had any bleeding. Your help will be much appreciated.