Help with Bad Ht

Has anyone ever felt suicidal with their bad ht. I have had 4 surgeries and scar reductions. 2 were repair and touch up. My hair still looks like shxx. 2 Doctors on this site recommend coring and/or fue removal of these large 4 to 9 graft coupled fu's. I have pitting and 2 stretched scars. The angle is wrong on one side where the grafts compressed and stand almost straight up. One Doctor say's 2 more repair sessions should correct my ht. I have lost all confidence, I can't sleep or eat sometimes. I have spent 20k cash. I still need another 10k for repair. I had to were a hat for almost 2 years. I can't understand why this happened to me. This is ruining my life. I get so angry and resentfull when I see newbies out and about with good ht's. I really want to die. I can't take another 2 surgeries. I am tired of wearing a hat and living like a hermit. I look in the mirror every five minutes trying to believe that I do not look this bad. I am a grown man who cries himself to sleep. I do not wish a bad ht on my worst enemy. I don't want to even read this site anymore.

Has anyone ever felt suicidal with their bad ht. I have had 4 surgeries and scar reductions. 2 were repair and touch up. My hair still looks like shxx. 2 Doctors on this site recommend coring and/or fue removal of these large 4 to 9 graft coupled fu's. I have pitting and 2 stretched scars. The angle is wrong on one side where the grafts compressed and stand almost straight up. One Doctor say's 2 more repair sessions should correct my ht. I have lost all confidence, I can't sleep or eat sometimes. I have spent 20k cash. I still need another 10k for repair. I had to were a hat for almost 2 years. I can't understand why this happened to me. This is ruining my life. I get so angry and resentfull when I see newbies out and about with good ht's. I really want to die. I can't take another 2 surgeries. I am tired of wearing a hat and living like a hermit. I look in the mirror every five minutes trying to believe that I do not look this bad. I am a grown man who cries himself to sleep. I do not wish a bad ht on my worst enemy. I don't want to even read this site anymore.

your words really touched me...I'm losing my hair, and need a ht very badly...but they aren't cheap, and you never know what will happen.

But I have some good news..I'm not a doctor, but everytime I open a newspaper, I'm reading about a new technique, a new procedure, a new drug...cloning, etc.

There is hope for us. My is falling out in a very odd pattern. There is a small "patch" at the very front of my hairline that won't fall out. It basically looks like someone painted a small arrow at the very top of my head. My boss asked me if I'd had a bad transplant ??“ no, just mother natures little joke on me.

One thing that helps me...I think about myself a lot with my hair the way it was 10 years ago. I remember being at the beach about 10 years ago with my girlfriend, and the wind blowing thru my hair. I have had dreams about that day, and I know it will come back.

Hope is the only thing we have now, so keep faith. Every day that passes brings us one step closer to a cure, a treatment, a pill that will change your life for the better.

Keep Faith

East Coast,

might I suggest getting a game plan together.

Start a plan on what you would like to get done, and when. Give yourself a goal.

This will help you focus in the right direction. Obviously right now, you are in severe emotional termoil.

I find it helps to get a plan and focus on it. Also, find an outlet that you can put your frustration into, and it will help you avoid thinking about your problem every second.

I am currently renovating a house, which I find helps take the constant thinking of my problems away.

East Coast

I am in the same boat. Please look at some of my pics under Altair on the free HT section. I too had a very bad HT 16 yrs ago. I have felt depressed and angry for many years. Until I found this MB I had lost all hope. I assumed that I would have to live under a hat or a bad piece for the rest of my life. I am scheduled to go to FL to see Dr. Charles on the 23rd for repair work. I also went to see Dr. Cooley in NC a few weeks ago and he also felt that I could get dramatic improvement. Since I have not seen any of your pics I am not sure if our conditions are similar. I will be posting pics after my repair work. Believe me, I do understand how you feel.

East Coast don't let it get you down buddy. Look at it this way, maybe we're the ones who have it together and not the guys with hair. I get depressed to sometimes. But there is always a solution. You don't want to hurt yourself. Besides, it would be your luck they would find a cure the next day and you would of missed out. Hang in there. There are a lot of us out there in your boat and we'll support you anyway we can. That's why this site is good. We can be there for each other. Besides, if Rooster sees this he will tell you the same thing.

East Coast, Take a look at hairtransplantnetwork.com go to hairtransplant stories and then click on guest photo gallery. There will be a photo between 13 and 15 you should look at. It shows that some people are worse off than you. But there is still hope. Please don't let your problem beat you.

EastCoast, I have heard that some docs allow for a couple of 'pro-bono' repairs each year. Have you tried contacting some of the better docs to see if they would consider doing this for you? It's worth a shot.

I have not had an HT, but when I started to lose my hair, I used to feel exactly as you stated "I am tired of wearing a hat and living like a hermit. I look in the mirror every five minutes trying to believe that I do not look this bad. I am a grown man who cries himself to sleep." I think a lot of people here can relate to this statement.

In my opinion, most self-help books are crap, but there is one book I've read which definitely helped me deal with my hair-loss(and other things). It's called Be The Person You Were Meant To Be, by Dr. Jerry Greenwald. It's out of print, but you can buy it used on Amazon for less than $5. I think it could help you with your situation.

Hang in there, I believe things will get better for you.

Yes, sit back and take a breath, then assess your situation. There is always light at the end of the tunnel! Keep your chin up, you have a lot going for you. And there are options and good people out there who can help!