Hair Transplant - Style for life?

Magoo

When getting a HT using FU, how precise do you need to be in choosing a style. What I mean is, are the FUs planted in such a way as they will favour certain styles forever (e.g. Caesar) or are they as adaptable as normal hair.

Is tranplanted hair is inserted in such a way as to favour a particular style, are you stuck with it for life?

When getting a HT using FU, how precise do you need to be in choosing a style. What I mean is, are the FUs planted in such a way as they will favour certain styles forever (e.g. Caesar) or are they as adaptable as normal hair.

Is tranplanted hair is inserted in such a way as to favour a particular style, are you stuck with it for life?

iF YOu have good donor hair then a HT can be dense enough to style any way you wish. If your donor is limited some work just on making the hairline natural a comd back. If limited donor, some have HT to cover crown and mid scalp and comb forword (casear-- but this is rare- most comb back). With very limited donor, HT is done to have a side part and comb over -the 'hockey stick".

The advertising says that you can style your hair any way you wish.

The truth is that for most guys, some hair styles will look better than others. Just because you can style your hair 'any way you want' doesn't mean it will look good.

Unless you have 'star quality' characteristics and an especially good result, you will probably pick a hairstyle that gives your transplant the best illusion of coverage.

Magoo-

If you are not completely bald and have some existing hair, most good doctors will try to imitate (or match) the direction and style of the existing hairs. Thus they try to give you what mother nature did, or as close as possible. If your slick bald then it is more difficult to imitate mother nature. Alot of times doctors will look at your old pictures and talk about style with you.

Foxlox

Thanks for the replies Guys. It's useful to know.

I guess I'm just concerned that the decision I make now will have implications down the road. The Caesar style, for example, is reasonably acceptable now, but might make you look like a dork in 20 years time (or less).

More thought needed on my part. Thanks again.