Shock loss - only in recipient area or all over?

I know shock loss is something all of us who have had a HT are scared of. I'm wondering if it really only happens in the area where the grafts were placed (all mine were only placed in the frontal region) or if can happen all over? Also, is there any rhyme or reason to why shock loss happens, and is it just a random occurence or are there things that can be done to help prevent or stop it?

- 1 HT ~ 3000 grafts

- Regimen:

Propecia 1X daily

I know shock loss is something all of us who have had a HT are scared of. I'm wondering if it really only happens in the area where the grafts were placed (all mine were only placed in the frontal region) or if can happen all over? Also, is there any rhyme or reason to why shock loss happens, and is it just a random occurence or are there things that can be done to help prevent or stop it?

- 1 HT ~ 3000 grafts

- Regimen:

Propecia 1X daily

I had a shock loss beside my recipient area. A complete bald spot of 1.5 cm. 85% grown back with almost 6 moths post op. I'm feeling that i'll have it 100%.

it's *possible* it could happen anywhere, but extremely unlikely. the two things which minimize the risks of shock loss I'm sure you've heard of:

-shaving recipient area for surgery.

-use of meds prior to surgery to strengthen native hair.

AFAIK shock loss occurs as a result of trauma/shock to the scalp during surgery. A good dr. who shaves down the area will greatly minimize the possibility, even when it does occur it's typically temporary w/the exception of those hairs which were too weak to sustain the surgery & were destined to fall out anyway.

Delicately helping those fragile souls who suffer from hair loss, w/motherly nourishment & care.