Unnatural thinning at lower corners of nape

Dear doctors and forum members,

I would like to thank you for your precious comments in advance. It was 7-8 years ago when I style my hair with my fingers, I realized that my hair is thinning at lower left corner of my nape. Now after years, I saw that my hair has thinned both at lower left and right corners of my nape, interestingly, middle is OK. I am 31 and I wear my hair short. I have hair at both sides but a closely looking eye can detect a 2cm x 1cm (height x width) rectangular like thinned area on the lower left and a 2.5cm x 2.5cm area on the lower right.

I have diffuse pattern hair loss and had 3000 grafts HT. I would like to get comment about my case whether it is a sign of a disease or does it mean that while I am having diffuse pattern hair loss at top, my hair recede upwards at the back in the future and I will deplete donor hair? Will they ever get worse in terms of both covering a larger area or turning into totally bald? I am planning to have a blood test but do you think iron deficiency causes this type of hair loss?

Dear doctors and forum members,

I would like to thank you for your precious comments in advance. It was 7-8 years ago when I style my hair with my fingers, I realized that my hair is thinning at lower left corner of my nape. Now after years, I saw that my hair has thinned both at lower left and right corners of my nape, interestingly, middle is OK. I am 31 and I wear my hair short. I have hair at both sides but a closely looking eye can detect a 2cm x 1cm (height x width) rectangular like thinned area on the lower left and a 2.5cm x 2.5cm area on the lower right.

I have diffuse pattern hair loss and had 3000 grafts HT. I would like to get comment about my case whether it is a sign of a disease or does it mean that while I am having diffuse pattern hair loss at top, my hair recede upwards at the back in the future and I will deplete donor hair? Will they ever get worse in terms of both covering a larger area or turning into totally bald? I am planning to have a blood test but do you think iron deficiency causes this type of hair loss?

willhair,

Please post some pics.

Thinning of hair in the nape is something that I have personally observed in men that tend to high degrees of baldness on the NW scale.

What is your family hair loss history like?

You mention diffuse thinning. Are you male or female?

take care...

Hello mmhce,

I don't have the opportunity to take a picture at the time being. I can tell the thinning but it is not that visible. I'll post a few pictures later. There is MPB in mother side of my family but it starts with diffuse pattern and progresses in time at most I can say to NW 6. I am a male who had an HT of 1000+2000 and waiting for the results of the 2000 operation. My doc told me that I was between NW5-NW6.