does a buzz make an ht look more or less natural?

I like shaving my head anywhere from 3/8 to 3/4 inch and am looking to get ht with dr umar in the future. Does anyone have an opinion on how a short cut compares to a longer one w regard to looking more or less natural?

I think the angle of the grafts plays such a huge part that it is even more important w a shorter cut

I like shaving my head anywhere from 3/8 to 3/4 inch and am looking to get ht with dr umar in the future. Does anyone have an opinion on how a short cut compares to a longer one w regard to looking more or less natural?

I think the angle of the grafts plays such a huge part that it is even more important w a shorter cut

tootall- I agree with dakota.

That is a question many of us guys ask that are used to shaving down. 3/8 to 3/4 should hide the scar given you go to a top doc. If you look at my blog I have kept my hair buzzed each month to a 2- or 3-clip since my procedure and the scar is barely visible with the #2. I can get away with a #3 at this point and hopefully a #2 when the scar has fully healed. Hope this helps.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

I concur with the gentleman here.

My donor hair is not overly dense, but a #3 clipper keeps my scar 100% undetectable. A #2 might work too, But I've not tried that yet.

A good question might be how short can you go up top. The better short styles (post-HT) I've seen here seem to be short scissor cuts on the top. The better looking short styles seem to be a forward combed roman style.

In some cases, I've seen 1/2+" top hair combed straight up or back and it looks good. I think it depends on the density you are able to get in the recipient area.