OMW2INDIA - Surgery in 6 days with Dr Arika Bansal and Eugenix

Headed to India on Tuesday to meet with Dr Arika Bansal at Eugenix in Gurugram.  A part of me wants to write a detailed backstory leading to now.  But the rest of me knows time is limited and stress level is already high.  Reasons being are multiple but primarily the obvious, an FUE procedure 6 days away for +/- 3,000 grafts.  Being needle phobic doesn't help.  I'm trusting that strong anxiety meds, regularly administered local anesthesia, along with the skill and attention of a well-reputable Dr. and support staff, should guide me to the desired end result.  Currently just taking one step at a time (pay deposit, get visa, book fight, reserve hotel, complete bloodwork, pack bags.)  By not looking too far ahead, I inch closer to a situation I have doubts I can navigate.

The info on this forum helped me arrive here.  Helped me analyze options, risks and rewards.  Seeing photos (good & bad) was valuable information and I know it takes more than time, it takes gumption.  I intend to document to the extent possible so this helpful community might benefit from my experience.  No doubt my stress level can benefit from the wisdom here and so I thank you all in advance for any support or advice.

1805.jpg.7cee360474afaab7055cb78376202c38.jpg1871.jpg.f0ed9443733ba68981cb3c691dbe9991.jpg
1870.jpg.d6d11c3c59ca7b5cec8ffd27a14536b8.jpg1910.jpg.05b9368a958efd2f836364b24c6af2c2.jpgTophead.thumb.jpg.21ee17263e852d0f27eabda93d0ef548.jpg

Posted (edited)

@OMW2INDIA

Tbh last year when I went to Eugenix for my repair procedure, my stress level was also high. But they did everything to make me comfortable. Don't worry, you'll be in good hands. 

Do share post op pics once your procedure is completed.

Best wishes 👍

Edited by Shadman

@OMW2INDIA

Thank you for choosing Eugenix Hair Sciences. We're happy that you have taken the time to do the research and grateful for the trust you have shown in us. Your comfort is our utmost priority, please do not worry, we are here to take care of you. Please feel free to send us a personalized message if you have any further questions.

Warmest Regards
Eugenix Hair Sciences 

Today's the day. Arrived last night after 18 hours of flights and a total of 36 hours of being up straight. Thought I would sleep like a rock but no. Only got 5 hours and woke up with a headache. Probably a stress headache. I will say the Westin Hotel is amazing. On par with the Four Seasons in the States. 

Really looking forward to some anti-anxiety meds sooner rather than later. 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2024 at 8:36 AM, OMW2INDIA said:

Headed to India on Tuesday to meet with Dr Arika Bansal at Eugenix in Gurugram.  A part of me wants to write a detailed backstory leading to now.  But the rest of me knows time is limited and stress level is already high.  Reasons being are multiple but primarily the obvious, an FUE procedure 6 days away for +/- 3,000 grafts.  Being needle phobic doesn't help.  I'm trusting that strong anxiety meds, regularly administered local anesthesia, along with the skill and attention of a well-reputable Dr. and support staff, should guide me to the desired end result.  Currently just taking one step at a time (pay deposit, get visa, book fight, reserve hotel, complete bloodwork, pack bags.)  By not looking too far ahead, I inch closer to a situation I have doubts I can navigate.

The info on this forum helped me arrive here.  Helped me analyze options, risks and rewards.  Seeing photos (good & bad) was valuable information and I know it takes more than time, it takes gumption.  I intend to document to the extent possible so this helpful community might benefit from my experience.  No doubt my stress level can benefit from the wisdom here and so I thank you all in advance for any support or advice.

1805.jpg.7cee360474afaab7055cb78376202c38.jpg1871.jpg.f0ed9443733ba68981cb3c691dbe9991.jpg
1870.jpg.d6d11c3c59ca7b5cec8ffd27a14536b8.jpg1910.jpg.05b9368a958efd2f836364b24c6af2c2.jpgTophead.thumb.jpg.21ee17263e852d0f27eabda93d0ef548.jpg

@OMW2INDIA you are in great hands with @Eugenix Hair Sciences they are rhe most amazing , caring detailed company... I just did mine 3 days ago... oh my god the best experience!!! Sooo happy with the results so far

• Moderators
On 5/22/2024 at 10:52 PM, OMW2INDIA said:

Today's the day. Arrived last night after 18 hours of flights and a total of 36 hours of being up straight. Thought I would sleep like a rock but no. Only got 5 hours and woke up with a headache. Probably a stress headache. I will say the Westin Hotel is amazing. On par with the Four Seasons in the States. 

Really looking forward to some anti-anxiety meds sooner rather than later. 

It can be hard to sleep the night before. There are too many things going through your mind. Unfortunately it's hard to sleep for a few days afterwards too. However I have always preferred to be a bit tired when I go for the procedure. I personally found that it's not a bad thing to be sort of falling asleep throughout the procedure and if you're really tired after it then it may be easier to sleep the night after the surgery. It's easier to sleep through any pain if you are just so tired you can't stay awake.

• Haha 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

4 hours ago, Al - Moderator said:

It can be hard to sleep the night before. There are too many things going through your mind. Unfortunately it's hard to sleep for a few days afterwards too. However I have always preferred to be a bit tired when I go for the procedure. I personally found that it's not a bad thing to be sort of falling asleep throughout the procedure and if you're really tired after it then it may be easier to sleep the night after the surgery. It's easier to sleep through any pain if you are just so tired you can't stay awake.

@Al - Moderatorso true I found I was so tired but its also dangerous because you are that out of it from the pain you endured n anaesthetic that you can't help but forget it's Been done after you've crashed out then move your just that slight bit too much n scrape your recipient area on rhe pillow .. or anything really 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, dba said:

@Al - Moderatorso true I found I was so tired but its also dangerous because you are that out of it from the pain you endured n anaesthetic that you can't help but forget it's Been done after you've crashed out then move your just that slight bit too much n scrape your recipient area on rhe pillow .. or anything really 

True. I guess you just can't win either way. 😔

• Haha 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.