Failed moustache transplant - cobblestoning

Hello guys,

I found some courage to share my case in hopes to find some help.

So i will try to keep it short. I have a scar on my upper lip which is why i had a moustache transplant surgery in Turkey end of Nov 2023. Unfortunately many things went wrong. 

1)redness is still not healing (might heal in few months)

2) unnaturally high hairline above the nose

!!!3) severe white cobblestoning everywhere (maybe because of multiple hair grafts)!!!

[4) maybe low density as well]

So basically to cover one small scar i have destroyed my whole face from both sides. I cant even shave because the skin is damaged. If it was on my head i wouldnt care but it is the centre of my face. I have attached the pictures. Some advise is appreciated because i am highly depressed and have stopped going out of my house ever since. Btw i am a student. 

Laser, microneedle etc might help a little bit but there is no certainty. Electrolysis was also suggested but how is that going to help with the cobblestones. Am considering to get some grafts punched above the blue area near the moustache hairline (and maybe transplant them lower the blue line; or if not then only extract them). My only worry is 1) scarring 2) if the cobblestones will dissapear 3) have seen  hairline repair cases on this forum where hairs grow back after graft extraction why is that so? I thought one such procedure would be enough for those few grafts 4) cost, even though it are only like 15-25 grafts. 5) convincing my parents to get another procedure on my face they basically want me to live with it. Their worry is definitely understandable but if it only wouldnt be looking that bad.

I know that i have to wait few months anyways before anyone would treat me but i doubt the cobblestoning will go away on itself. (It will probably become more since hair is still growing in.) That is why thought it makes sense to figure out what to do, especially in case clinics have waiting times for appointments. Anyways thanks for your help

Kind regards

IMG_9498.png

IMG_9499.jpeg

• Valued Contributor
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, KUPNIK said:

My only worry is 1) scarring 2) if the cobblestones will dissapear 3) have seen  hairline repair cases on this forum where hairs grow back after graft extraction why is that so? I thought one such procedure would be enough for those few grafts 4) cost, even though it are only like 15-25 grafts. 5) convincing my parents to get another procedure on my face they basically want me to live with it.

1. You need these punched out. Scarring likely to be invisible *if* you go to a good surgeon. 

2. Punching out the grafts should also remove the cobblestones and then it will heal normally afterwards. 

3. No. Those hairs that were growing were hairs that were not removed to begin with. You cannot remove all hairs from a hairline in one go as it will cause too much skin damage. These hairline repairs usually take two or three surgeries to get all the bad grafts out and then some nice new single hairs to rebuild the hairline. The hairs you saw growing in the other thread will be removed in October. 

4. Hard to say cost-wise but I imagine this shouldn’t be too expensive. Where are you based?

5. It’s your face - you need to deal with it. Your parents’ advice is, frankly, quite uncaring. Ignore them and do what is best for yourself. 

Could you tell us which clinic did this work?

Edited by Berba11

@Berba11 I see, a) so these unsurgical treatments like laser resurfacing or microneedling or electrolysis are not worth it, right. Are the some cases on this platform who have tried any of these. Yeah so my clinics name is Dr yetkin bayer, they are probably good with scalp transplants but clearly have no idea of beard transplants. Doubt there is any chance of some compensation. Could need the money for further treatments haha. b) I live in germany, have read about the repair clinics in belgium like feriduni and bisanga have also contacted them, but would have actually prefered one closer to me ideally in germany, i dont know if there are any. c) Yeah so i will have to wait for redness to heal which is biggest concern currently, and then hopefully punch them out. Hopefully one session is enough because it are only 15-30 grafts above the blue line , but then they are very close to each other which could scar. I should actually remove most of them including the ones under the blue line, am too hesitant and will try the top ones first. One could also use the higher grafts and plant them further down to hide the other cobblestones - need the surgeons opinion. 

@Gatsby  yeah hopefully. Are there not even like white dots and how long did it take to heal. Because currently it is not to visible at home only when under sunlight, so the margin is really small for it to look worse. But if you used 500 grafts from your moustache then it means it should work well.

Anyways thanks to you both.

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, KUPNIK said:

@Berba11 I see, a) so these unsurgical treatments like laser resurfacing or microneedling or electrolysis are not worth it, right. Are the some cases on this platform who have tried any of these. Yeah so my clinics name is Dr yetkin bayer, they are probably good with scalp transplants but clearly have no idea of beard transplants. Doubt there is any chance of some compensation. Could need the money for further treatments haha. b) I live in germany, have read about the repair clinics in belgium like feriduni and bisanga have also contacted them, but would have actually prefered one closer to me ideally in germany, i dont know if there are any. c) Yeah so i will have to wait for redness to heal which is biggest concern currently, and then hopefully punch them out. Hopefully one session is enough because it are only 15-30 grafts above the blue line , but then they are very close to each other which could scar. I should actually remove most of them including the ones under the blue line, am too hesitant and will try the top ones first. One could also use the higher grafts and plant them further down to hide the other cobblestones - need the surgeons opinion. 

@Gatsby  yeah hopefully. Are there not even like white dots and how long did it take to heal. Because currently it is not to visible at home only when under sunlight, so the margin is really small for it to look worse. But if you used 500 grafts from your moustache then it means it should work well.

Anyways thanks to you both.

I don’t know enough about laser treatments and so on to say whether they’d be effective in your case, but punching these grafts out will certainly help. 

You have a great advantage being based in Germany because places like Belgium or Switzerland are a very short flight or a nice road trip away. 

Feriduni is indeed a top, top surgeon and would be a fantastic choice. Another choice would be Hattingen Hair in Switzerland. Belgium has other options like Bisanga & Lupanzula & Mwamba. Lots of great choices with a lot of experience doing repairs and working with beard hair/body hair. 

My best guess is that Hattingen will be able to book you in for a video consultation & a surgery sooner than the others as they don’t do much marketing.