Rank These Surgeons for Norwood 2

Hi forum members,

I have a question as I am having trouble deciding where to go for my surgery.  How would all of you rank the following doctors/clinics with regard to giving a dense hairline to a Norwood 2 on a head with straight and somewhat fine hair?  Please, do not let price or location be a factor in your ranking.  The doctors/clinics are HLC, Kyriakos Maras, Espinosa Custodio, Rafael de Freitas, Felipe Pittella, Hattingen Hair, Patrick Mwamba.  I placed an extra slot in case anyone has an additional suggestion.  Please, no surgeons with more than a 12 month wait.  Thanks in advance.

20 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

hdc cyprus, pittella are more for high norwoods

hlc isnt top of thr game anymore

de freitas, custodio are both good options

hattingen makes very natural hairlines

Thanks for the clarification. 

I haven't seen a lot of work from Hattingen online on this site or elsewhere.  Is there a site that has a lot of examples of his work?

4 hours ago, Need Some Hair said:

Thanks for the clarification. 

I haven't seen a lot of work from Hattingen online on this site or elsewhere.  Is there a site that has a lot of examples of his work?

you can email them to send you examples

Dr. Thiago Bianco Leal for very dense and aggressive hairlines.  There's only 2-3 threads of his work, but he's the best in Brazil, and imo, the best in the world for this specific kind of surgery.

Check out my journey here:

• Administrators

Hairlines are subjective, people will have differing opinions. Rather than asking for others opinions. Look at reviews and results and choose the surgeons that impress you the most. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 5/17/2024 at 1:25 AM, Fue3361 said:

Dr. Thiago Bianco Leal for very dense and aggressive hairlines.  There's only 2-3 threads of his work, but he's the best in Brazil, and imo, the best in the world for this specific kind of surgery.

I contacted the office of Thiago Bianco Leal.  I like the hairlines, but they told me they don't charge by the graft, but by the extent of the baldness.  They said their lowest price point is BRL 90,000 ($17,640 USD, 16,190 Euros).  That seems expensive for people who haven't lost a lot of hair.

On 5/17/2024 at 1:05 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

Hairlines are subjective, people will have differing opinions. Rather than asking for others opinions. Look at reviews and results and choose the surgeons that impress you the most. 

Thanks.  I have been looking at quite a lot of photos on this site and others, but I don't know if maybe some surgeons results look better than they actually are because I am missing some of their bad results.  That's why I posted the above to the forum.  A lot of you guys are very knowledgeable. 

Would you agree that HDC Cypress is only good for high Norwoods?  Also, does Hattingen Hair give guys widow's peaks with their hairline design?  

11 hours ago, Need Some Hair said:

I contacted the office of Thiago Bianco Leal.  I like the hairlines, but they told me they don't charge by the graft, but by the extent of the baldness.  They said their lowest price point is BRL 90,000 ($17,640 USD, 16,190 Euros).  That seems expensive for people who haven't lost a lot of hair.

Yup, this is spot on what I've been hearing lately.  When I had mine, it was 10k USD (3ish years ago), then it went up to 15k, now it's around 18k.  Mostly due to them having tons of demand (when it was 10k, they had a 2-3 year wait list).

It's definitely not cheap.  On the other hand, the price doesn't really go much up from that.  While the minimum is 18k, the max one can expect won't be much more than that either.  I look at it more like "this is what they charge for their day's work", with small increases if the work is significantly larger.

I've seen people who need 4-5k grafts get literally the same price of 18k.

Check out my journey here: