SMP for donor

Hey everyone just starting some research on smp do hide my donor scaring. What’s everyone’s thoughts on selecting someone to do this. Any tips and advice appreciated. IMG_9499.thumb.png.edee3b9e119d4f746d0f14a38c002070.pngIMG_9500.thumb.png.51d0fc32961f882aac28659b8944453e.pngIMG_9501.thumb.png.551c3a023875b423aee2e49bc1e1ac8e.png

• Moderators

How does it look if you just let it grow slightly longer and don't shave it completely down?

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 5/9/2024 at 9:58 AM, Al - Moderator said:

How does it look if you just let it grow slightly longer and don't shave it completely down?

Well you can’t see any scaring if I grow it longer. But I was thinking I actually like getting a fade so maybe smp would IMG_9553.thumb.png.68486fbf7285092e0b886045755b32dc.pnghelp. This is 6 weeks after my second HT 

• Valued Contributor
4 hours ago, Jamos1982 said:

Well you can’t see any scaring if I grow it longer. But I was thinking I actually like getting a fade so maybe smp would IMG_9553.thumb.png.68486fbf7285092e0b886045755b32dc.pnghelp. This is 6 weeks after my second HT 

At six weeks post op it’s still early days. Get in touch with SMP Australia and Caitlin James. Who performed the surgery/ies? 

4 hours ago, Gatsby said:

At six weeks post op it’s still early days. Get in touch with SMP Australia and Caitlin James. Who performed the surgery/ies? 

That was a pic at 6 week post op. I’m now 3 months post op after surgery two. And the first two pics are what it looks like after a fade

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gatsby said:

I did get in touch with smp aus they have an artist in Sydney not sure if she is on same level as Caitlin James though. Would you risk it? Or is it worth flying down to Adelaide? Also do I need to wait till 12 months to have it done? 

• Valued Contributor

I think if it was me I would fly to Adelaide again. I know the others girls are well trained by Caitlin and in their own right and I know Leah and Ari. But I am super familiar with Caitlin who has a bucket load of all types of SMP work under her belt and hold's a swag of international awards (for what that's worth).

3 hours ago, Gatsby said:

I think if it was me I would fly to Adelaide again. I know the others girls are well trained by Caitlin and in their own right and I know Leah and Ari. But I am super familiar with Caitlin who has a bucket load of all types of SMP work under her belt and hold's a swag of international awards (for what that's worth).

I have a consult with Ari this week. They said they all have the same skill level as Caitlin. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gatsby said:

Ari’s excellent. Tell her I said hello 👋🏼 

I’m seeing her on Wednesday I will definitely tell her you said hello! Question though. Should I wait a full 12 months post op before I have smp? Do you think my scars are very noticeable. Also a few ppl said smp goes green or blue after a few years so it can look worse? Is that true?