Any examples of full beard to head transplant?

I know Dr. Pitella posted a case a few months ago, but don't think he's posted any progress pictures/videos yet. Are there any other examples out there yet with final results? 

• Moderators

There are a number of people who had thousands of beard grafts transplanted to their scalp. Are you asking if there are any cases or ONLY beard hair to scalp on NW 7 patients without using scalp donor? Are you asking if anyone has taken all (or near) 100% of their beard hair out to transplant it?

@Gatsby has used a LOT of beard grafts, but he also used plenty of scalp grafts as well. Myself, I've used over 3000 beard grafts and over 3000 chest grafts.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I mean WOW, I think both Gats and AI have incredible journeys and am still curious what the yields are from both beard and chest donor.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

On 5/3/2024 at 10:12 AM, Al - Moderator said:

There are a number of people who had thousands of beard grafts transplanted to their scalp. Are you asking if there are any cases or ONLY beard hair to scalp on NW 7 patients without using scalp donor? Are you asking if anyone has taken all (or near) 100% of their beard hair out to transplant it?

@Gatsby has used a LOT of beard grafts, but he also used plenty of scalp grafts as well. Myself, I've used over 3000 beard grafts and over 3000 chest grafts.

Thanks Al, would you be able to link me to your results? 

and yes, I was referring to cases of only beard hair to scalp on nw7 patients without using scalp donor. I have a very dense beard although my scalp donor is weaker so I was curious about this as a possibility

I continue to wonder why there are not more beard cases being posted after reaching full maturity…🤔

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

On 5/5/2024 at 7:04 PM, Dave5432 said:

Thanks Al, would you be able to link me to your results? 

and yes, I was referring to cases of only beard hair to scalp on nw7 patients without using scalp donor. I have a very dense beard although my scalp donor is weaker so I was curious about this as a possibility

@Al - Moderator just wanted to follow up on this message, thanks! 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Dave5432 said:

@Al - Moderator just wanted to follow up on this message, thanks! 

Sorry I did not reply earlier. My case is sort of a mess. I had lots of older transplants back in the late 1980s and early 1990s. I am a NW 7 with no scalp donor left and not much transplanted hair left either since my bald area expanded past the FUT scars over the years. I have been using beard and chest grafts to try to cover the scars, mostly by placing grafts above the scars and letting the hair grow over them because I also need to fill in the entire NW 7 area. All that to say you can't really see any huge changes in pictures because the grafts have been spread over a large area to try to fix a major mess. Anyway, my thread is below. I haven't updated it in a bit, but the last surgery was only 522 grafts, so there wasn't much to really show from that.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.