WHY WOULD I LOWER DHT LEVELS ? When my levels are fine

• Valued Contributor
44 minutes ago, dba said:

See my DHT levels results... smack in the middle so I really believe It's not beneficial to take finasteride to lower them

@Stewie @Gatsby

Screenshot_20240502_134330_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg

How old are you now? What will your DHT levels be in the future. MPB is progressive over the lifespan. With surgery you are trying to hit a moving target. I’m not a doctor or privy to your personal situation. But I still believe that medication should always be the first port of call in MPB. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It also depends on the sensivity to DHT.

Your levels are fine, but there is a chance that your hair is prone to this amount of DHT. 

And as Gatsby asked, how old are you now?

There is a difference in DHT levels if for example you are in your 40s compared to someone in his 20s.

32 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

How old are you now? What will your DHT levels be in the future. MPB is progressive over the lifespan. With surgery you are trying to hit a moving target. I’m not a doctor or privy to your personal situation. But I still believe that medication should always be the first port of call in MPB. 

@Gatsby good point like always you give great advice.. its just I feel it must be other reasons why my hair has diffused this much if it's not the dht... im 38

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Martador said:

It also depends on the sensivity to DHT.

Your levels are fine, but there is a chance that your hair is prone to this amount of DHT. 

And as Gatsby asked, how old are you now?

There is a difference in DHT levels if for example you are in your 40s compared to someone in his 20s.

Yeah true very true , even the levels I have now may be too much for me handle 

@Gatsby judging on my decent levels of dht... if i was not to have medication... it wouldn't be rapidly initiation of hair loss would it ?

Like I could still get a few years ? Before I can still re assess to see if I am drastically losing hair...

@dba your current baseline figures mean nothing. if you are losing your hair / thinning on your current DHT levels you need to bring them down in order to halt your hair loss. It's that simple.

2500 FUE by Dr. Victor Hasson, June 2023

DHT systemic level (concentration in the blood stream) is irrelevant for hair loss. If your hair is miniaturizing, chances are you have a high level of DHT in the scalp, and/or highly sensitive androgen receptors. It is impossible to measure DHT levels in the scalp, save though a biopsy. Finasteride will adress this issue by lowering scalp DHT by almost 50% (assuming you're taking the standard dose)

• Like 1