Oral finesteride maintenance

• Valued Contributor
1 minute ago, Jamos1982 said:

How soon did you see results on it? I think my hair is thicker but I don’t have extra body hair. 

Probably by 5-6 months I noticed improvement. At one year I definitely felt the full benefit of thicker scalp and beard hair. My hair transplant just felt fuller all round. Same with my donor. 

1 minute ago, Gatsby said:

Probably by 5-6 months I noticed improvement. At one year I definitely felt the full benefit of thicker scalp and beard hair. My hair transplant just felt fuller all round. Same with my donor. 

Ah okay so 12 weeks is way to early to tell then. I’ll keep at it then cheers 

The general consensus is that oral finasteride peaks at 5mg/week, so anything more than 0.7mg daily would yield a minuscule benefit.

0.4mg is still not bad, and you would certainly protect your hair at this dosage, but if you could up it to 0.5mg or 0.6mg daily that would be great.

5mg oral minoxidil is a beast, I use 2mg oral and a bit of topical and I am happy with my results.

On 4/29/2024 at 8:35 PM, alopie said:

The general consensus is that oral finasteride peaks at 5mg/week, so anything more than 0.7mg daily would yield a minuscule benefit.

0.4mg is still not bad, and you would certainly protect your hair at this dosage, but if you could up it to 0.5mg or 0.6mg daily that would be great.

5mg oral minoxidil is a beast, I use 2mg oral and a bit of topical and I am happy with my results.

I take 1.6mg per week I’m only looking to maintain what I have as I lost most of my hair before my HT anyway and I’m 42 now

hopefully that’s enough 

• Like 1