Opinions needed! Medeks hair center, 4700 grafts, March 6th 2024

I have had a diffuse thinning problem and it has aggressed for the past two years. But after starting using topical minoxidil and oral finasteride it has been more or less stabilized.

After getting the hair transplant, I was afraid of necrosis but the doctor assured me that it was not. Which than the scabs came off and it looked normal.

But now, after having the shedding phase and shock loss, that area is almost fully bald with a very visible hole. The doctor still tells me that it is normal but I wanted to get a second opinion. The hole and the baldness makes it impossible to go out without a hat which I really don’t like. Do you think I can just shave the whole recipient area? I am now at week 6.

Thank you for your responses 

IMG_2888.jpeg

IMG_3051.jpeg

IMG_3058.jpeg

IMG_3191.jpeg

IMG_3585.jpeg

IMG_3657.jpeg

IMG_3941.jpeg

IMG_3958.jpeg

IMG_3945.jpeg

IMG_3922.jpeg

• Valued Contributor
6 hours ago, thyak said:

I am now at week 6.

At week six you are in the ugly duckling phase where the transplanted hair will be shedding. It's impossible to tell how your results will turn out. You need to be  patient before you can see how your hair looks and give it 'at least' six months before making any judgement and really twelve months is when you can call it so to speak. Stay on the medication you are taking and give that frontal area more time. All the best!

I agree that there is nothing you can do now but wait,  however the area is completely bare compared to the rest of the recipient area. Also it is in the area where the dark blue heaving scabbing was, so I’m sorry to say it appears like it may indeed be a possible case of necrosis. Although of course I’m not a doctor, so consult with a professional on this.

Furthermore, work was planted in rows,  but doesn’t seem like the worst angled work ever which is a positive thing.

Are you back on the minoxidil? This could have triggered a shed or may not be helping matters so I would lay off it for a while imo

You can shave it down after 4 weeks so go ahead with that and if the worst comes to the worst then it can be fixed by a quality surgeon. Would avoid Turkey imo and definitely don’t go back to them a second time.