Super dry and rough skin after post HT wash

Posted (edited)

Hi, I’ve done the HT surgery exactly last week and today I washed my hair for 4th time, but the shampoo I’n using makes my scalp super dry and my heir becomes as rough as I can’t touch it. It bothers me so much specially in donor area! Also when I used saline Solution it start getting hot and burning!
Do you guys have any recommendations for make it better? I can’t handle it anymore! 

Edited by Ramin

6 hours ago, Ramin said:

Hi, I’ve done the HT surgery exactly last week and today I washed my hair for 4th time, but the shampoo I’n using makes my scalp super dry and my heir becomes as rough as I can’t touch it. It bothers me so much specially in donor area! Also when I used saline Solution it start getting hot and burning!
Do you guys have any recommendations for make it better? I can’t handle it anymore! 

In my first procedure, I used baby shampoo which caused some flakiness but in my second procedure, I used dove shampoo which I've been using from the last 10 months, didn't face any issues at all.

38 minutes ago, Shadman said:

In my first procedure, I used baby shampoo which caused some flakiness but in my second procedure, I used dove shampoo which I've been using from the last 10 months, didn't face any issues at all.

Actually, i’m using the shampoo provided by clinic!! Can I use any shampoo i want? 

Oh, that would be much better since the one I’m using makes my scalp like desert!! Thanks for your response Shadman 🙏

5 minutes ago, Shadman said:

You can use any mild shampoo for example- dove intense repair

• Moderators

Just try changing shampoos. You don't have to use any specific one. If the one the clinic gave you or recommended you use is drying your scalp out too much or burning your scalp, then just stop using it and try something else.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.