Alternatives

Yabala

Hi! I'm a user of topical finasteride. My wife and myself are planning to have a baby and l know that l'll have to stop topical finasteride for all the duration of the pregnancy. I wanted to ask if l will lose ground during that time ? And l also wanted to know if there are alternatives l can take during the pregnancy ? Given that l'll resume topical finasteride once the baby is born. Thanks in advance. 

Posted (edited)
2 ore fa, Gatsby ha detto:

potresti usare il minoxidil orale se stai parlando di un anno senza finasteride.

minoxidil e finasteride hanno funzioni diverse, il primo non può essere preso in sostituzione dell'altro, At most, one could advise @Yabala to replace finasteride with Saw Palmetto, which has a much milder efficacy than finasteride.

Edited by ITA

On 4/14/2024 at 1:05 PM, Gatsby said:

You could use oral minoxidil if you're talking around a year off finasteride.

You mean l could use minoxidil during the duration of the pregnancy ? And resume topical finasteride when the baby is born ?

On 4/14/2024 at 3:16 PM, ITA said:

minoxidil e finasteride hanno funzioni diverse, il primo non può essere preso in sostituzione dell'altro, At most, one could advise @Yabala to replace finasteride with Saw Palmetto, which has a much milder efficacy than finasteride.

You mean l could use minoxidil and Saw palmetto during the duration of the pregnancy ? And resume topical finasteride when the baby is born ?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Yabala said:

Vuoi dire che potrei usare il minoxidil e il Saw Palmetto durante la gravidanza? E riprendere la finasteride topica quando nasce il bambino?

I think yes, La Serenoa Repens (saw palmetto) is basically a specific natural food supplement against male androgenic alopecia formulated with the best concentration of plant extracts that contrast the DHT, regarding the
Minoxidi, is a blood vasodilator and you could opt for the foam one to be applied to the scalp instead of the one to be taken orally.

Edited by ITA

21 minutes ago, ITA said:

I think yes, La Serenoa Repens (saw palmetto) is basically a specific natural food supplement against male androgenic alopecia formulated with the best concentration of plant extracts that contrast the DHT, regarding the
Minoxidi, is a blood vasodilator and you could opt for the foam one to be applied to the scalp instead of the one to be taken orally.

But Saw palmetto in its own way is also a dht blocker, that means it wouldn't be good and safe to use it when a pregnant woman is around. 😐

1 hour ago, Yabala said:

Ma il Saw Palmetto a suo modo è anche un bloccante del DHT, ciò significa che non sarebbe buono e sicuro usarlo quando è presente una donna incinta. 😐

If I had the doubts you have, then I wouldn't use it

Posted (edited)

Question for Melvin, What alternative would be good enough for the duration of the pregnancy ? When l say alternative l mean taking something during the time off finasteride. 

Edited by Yabala