Confused if this is a good time to transplant

Hello everyone,

I am 30 years old and debating whether to have a hair transplant in the next year or two.
I have thinning hair and I'm not the happiest looking in the mirror these days and I would like to get a hair transplant but I'm afraid that I'm starting the process too early and I know that the process never ends with a single hair transplant especially when you start at a relatively young age.
I've been to several leading hair transplanters here on the forum and received offers for 2500-3000 follicles which will be transplanted in the front and center of the head and those who recommended adding the crown as well in the same surgery.

I am currently on finasteride and topical minoxidil and had doctors recommend that I will switch to dutasteride and oral minoxidil which I am currently working on getting in my state.

If you were in my place and with the experience you have with hair transplants, would you go ahead and schedule a hair transplant?

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-12 at 10.15.47.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-12 at 10.12.18.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-12 at 10.12.16.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-12 at 10.15.46.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-10 at 19.32.19.jpeg

We are fortunate to live in a period of time due to medical techniques and advances, that when we are unhappy about something in our appearance, we can rectify through surgery and sometimes solely medication . Life is short and tomorrow is not guaranteed, so do it. Mental well being is the catalyst, lets face it, who really cares about our baldness other than ourselves, i know my family don't. 

P.S. if you keep up the medical regime, hopefully one / two procedures should be enough for a lifetime  if you choose the correct surgeon.  I switched from topical minoxidil to Oral minoxidil and has been a game changer for me so you might want to look into that also.

3 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

i think you already would look better if you shave down this low density miniaturized hairs at front

Maybe the sun is deceiving but all my hair is more or less the same.
There are indeed some miniaturized hairs in the front but it is not noticeable

2 hours ago, Myles23 said:

We are fortunate to live in a period of time due to medical techniques and advances, that when we are unhappy about something in our appearance, we can rectify through surgery and sometimes solely medication . Life is short and tomorrow is not guaranteed, so do it. Mental well being is the catalyst, lets face it, who really cares about our baldness other than ourselves, i know my family don't. 

P.S. if you keep up the medical regime, hopefully one / two procedures should be enough for a lifetime  if you choose the correct surgeon.  I switched from topical minoxidil to Oral minoxidil and has been a game changer for me so you might want to look into that also.

You are right that we live in a good time when almost every flaw in our body can be changed but in the end, my donor area is limited and as someone who likes to cut hair very short in the back (there is a picture) I fear a large number of procedures.

Personally I'd wait out at least 12 months on dut/oral min before deciding. That's a potent combo. 

Your loss does not appear to be aggressive & I would not be surprised if those miniaturised started to thicken up but at very least you will know if you're still losing ground and would require multiple procedures.

The last thing you'd want is to be forced into a second or third procedure due to continued loss/not homogenised if you want to keep your hair that short at the back. Though saying that, I grew out of fade/tapers in my thirties, so maybe your taste will change, too! 

I think this is about how unhappy your hair makes you! If you're really unhappy with your situation and love yourself less, now is the right time! It's useful to use finasteride and minoxidil first. Unfortunately, I'm not good with using things regularly