Hi, work done with Mr Ron Shapiro,21st May

Took the plunge and had a hair transplant with the Shapiro Medical Group..Excellent team, my first ever post and i hope you guys can give me some feedback on photo..2261 grafts,4051 hairs...My head is tingling now, it's been six days. I've slept well,minor discomfort only..

Slide1.JPG.3dba64db9b620d41cd95a9590ac4e8bd.JPG

Took the plunge and had a hair transplant with the Shapiro Medical Group..Excellent team, my first ever post and i hope you guys can give me some feedback on photo..2261 grafts,4051 hairs...My head is tingling now, it's been six days. I've slept well,minor discomfort only..

Thanks for replies,it is always good to know there is a network such as this to learn and draw wisdom from. This morning- minor discomfort from staples. I do have a question. After surgery going about business we wear a hat or bandana, obviously the grafts are very delicate as they have just been placed. Do you lose hairs from the wearing of a cap. I went for a long, long walk the day after surgery as I was so bored sitting in a hotel room and I wore a cap. I was very careful with how I placed the cap and I continued to use the Graphtcyte spray. and again the next day I went for a walk,...in hindsight was that a stupid thing to do? Should I just have had complete rest?

Looking very good. It barely looks like they touched your head. icon_biggrin.gif

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Dr. Shapiro met with me on his vacation to discuss a similar hairline as to yours. He is one great guy! I'm looking forward to seeing how it will grow for you!

Did he shave any weak hairs in the hairline or temples before the transplant, or you just slicked you hair back and the transplant began?

Also did he ask you if you would be willing to shave your head for the transplant? I know him and his brother prefer shaving, but will always give the patient the option. Thanks!

Hi, I think he just slicked my hair back,I'm not sure...Anyway Mr Shapiro and his team were very nice..

Originally posted by Rachmunas4life:

Dr. Shapiro met with me on his vacation to discuss a similar hairline as to yours. He is one great guy! I'm looking forward to seeing how it will grow for you!

Did he shave any weak hairs in the hairline or temples before the transplant, or you just slicked you hair back and the transplant began?

Also did he ask you if you would be willing to shave your head for the transplant? I know him and his brother prefer shaving, but will always give the patient the option. Thanks!