Meh transplant with Dr. Apaydin, second transplant with Dr. Marwan Saifi

Hey everyone,

throughout my hair loss journey I didn't know from the get go about this forum. However, after my first transplant and the not so great results I researched a lot and this forum was a helping hand. That's why I want to tell you about my experience and also keep you updated with the results of my second hair transplant.

I was a Norwood 2-3 when I did my first surgery in Turkey. I did my research mainly via ISHRS and discovered Ilker Apaydin. I contacted the clinic and had a good feeling, since they were quite serious about medical therapy and so am I (started finasteride at the age of 19). In my opinion this was a good sign and also the reviews online, particularly this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo41O8qUaj0. )

So I set up the date flew over and had my procedure. All in all the experience was good, however, contrary to my prior belief, only the recipient sites were done by the doctor himself. The other parts were carried out by technicians. I would have hoped for more participation or supervision by Ilker Apaydin. 2050 grafts were extracted and it cost me 3000 €.

After one year, I was disappointed by the results. 2050 grafts is quite a lot and the density in my right temple isn't compelling. On the other hand, I don't think it was a complete failure, but I would love to hear your opinion on this.Bildschirmfoto2024-04-07um19_35_52.png.951a62f4ca59ec544c3ce25a13dccf1d.png

Bildschirmfoto2024-04-07um19_36_18.thumb.png.d36aae749323f11e48001f62b7b0c3a9.pngBildschirmfoto2024-04-07um19_36_29.png.ff50d227be3e0fffe9a46c62839c181a.pngBildschirmfoto2024-04-07um19_34_59.png.5f77ce1c0f586e44774c4978033e0d3c.png

Long story short I wanted to improve my density especially in my right temple and I chose Dr Marwan Saifi. 

The consultation was very nice and the whole procedure went way more smoothly compared to my first one. The doctor discussed every step and the whole team seemed very experienced. He also carried out the extraction and the team did the implantation during which he checked on me. We ended up doing 900 grafts. I really hope that this will be enough to achieve my goals and I am interested in what you all think. My biggest worry is my donor supply, since I now "wasted" 3000 grafts only for my hairline. 

I hope my "good" hair genetics come into play. Baldness doesn't really run in my family on both sides, most men are Norwood 2's with thick hair into their 70s. And again I take finasteride on top, but time will tell.

Bildschirmfoto2024-04-09um15_46_23.png.a71f3dd5b364d8aa562fbbc3314f39aa.pngBildschirmfoto2024-04-09um15_46_23.png.d0c7531dcdd785f58fbfd8bb90bbe396.pngBildschirmfoto2024-04-09um15_48_02.png.379488b6956897a752345708c2cec8e4.png

The results from your first surgery with Apaydin are not good i must say. Very poor density and bad hairline design. Lets hope your second surgery fixes this. All the best and happy growing!

• Moderators

It looks like Dr Saifi extracted a few of the grafts in the corners from the first transplant. This should turn out much better than the first one. Good luck.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 4/10/2024 at 8:16 PM, Ehayat said:

The results from your first surgery with Apaydin are not good i must say. Very poor density and bad hairline design. Lets hope your second surgery fixes this. All the best and happy growing!

Thanks mate. I agree, my first procedure wasn’t good at all. Hope I didn’t ruin my hair transplant path by falling for his marketing.

On 4/12/2024 at 7:09 AM, Al - Moderator said:

It looks like Dr Saifi extracted a few of the grafts in the corners from the first transplant. This should turn out much better than the first one. Good luck.

That’s right. He told me it looks quite unnatural and he would advise me to remove them. It was up to me and I am glad i trusted him. Hopefully you‘re correct and I‘ll be satisfied with the result.