hairline ressection or punching out graft one per one

People and Doctors .

I would like to know people opinions on that subject . For extreme repair case I undertstand some doctors are doing complete hairline ressection . On some other case some others are "punching out" the existing grafts instead of removing the hairline entirely .

What is the difference between those two surgery , why would you use one instead of the other ?

Thanks

C.

People and Doctors .

I would like to know people opinions on that subject . For extreme repair case I undertstand some doctors are doing complete hairline ressection . On some other case some others are "punching out" the existing grafts instead of removing the hairline entirely .

What is the difference between those two surgery , why would you use one instead of the other ?

Thanks

C.

great and tough question conan. Your best bet would probably be to call several docs that have been recommended to you. A doc would best be able to look at your situation, make an assessment of your needs, and come up with a plan for you.

I have not seen a resection case in a couple of years, but have seen more punch cases...not that that means anything.

Let us know if you speak to any docs and what they recommend in your case.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

It depends on the individual . The amount of hairs in the grafts is not the only factor . Some repairs involve scarring below the surface in the recipient area . Dont rush into anything and mabey do some in person consults .