Eugenix | Dr Das | NW7 | 3500 grafts | March 2024

Posted (edited)

Hey all, wanted to share my progress after getting a (1st) hair transplant from Eugenix

I chose to go with Eugenix and Dr Das after researching a bunch. It was advised to get coverage on the front and mid sections due to a weak(er) donor area, wait 6 months, and then reevaluate for a 2nd surgery for the back.

Roughly 3500 grafts were implanted and ~800 were from the beard. I’ll update progress pics in the comments at some (idk yet) cadence for bookkeeping

context: had hairloss starting at 15, was pretty severe by 16. Tried PRP, hair system in the past but wasn’t a fan of the latter and the former as a hair restoration solution did not work. Had SMP done in summer 2022 which framed my face better, that hairline is where we decided to start for the transplant as well

attached some pre-op pictures (these are actually from january when i sent more pics to the clinic), these are roughly after growing out my hair for 35-40. Normally I shave my head down so even I had no idea what the current state really was

IMG_5380.jpeg

IMG_5379.jpeg

IMG_5378.jpeg

IMG_5375.jpeg

Edited by avisaxena33

7 hours ago, Rawkerboi said:

Hi, Thanks for sharing your HT Journey with us.

The work look's good, do you have any pictures from clinic?

Do keep us updated!

Unfortunately I didn't take any clinic pictures, but rest assured the Gurgaon clinic, which is the one I was at, was very clean and overall the facility is well maintained. They are also expanding this clinic

3 hours ago, Miller1980 said:

Happy growing. The density is good enough for the half of your head. Do you know how many grafts will you need for the rest of your scalp?

Thanks! Yeah so I've been on oral min 5mg and oral fin 1mg for several months now and the idea was to do mid and front coverage first, due to a weaker donor area and then re-evaluate after 6 months for the back. Part of this was because we were seeing some response from the oral min, (especially after bumping up the dose from 2.5 -> 5mg), namely in the back of the head and potentially near the crown, which also would reduce the graft count needed in surgery #2. In the current state, I think the doctor had mentioned roughly 2500 grafts more or so, but it'd be interesting to see if that could be reduced further.

• avisaxena33 changed the title to Eugenix | Dr Das | NW7 | 3500 grafts | March 2024
On 4/4/2024 at 8:25 AM, avisaxena33 said:

post-op that night

IMG_5626.jpeg

Looks good 👍

Do you’ve any pre op photos ? And what changes did you notice when you increased your oral minoxidil dose ?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Shadman said:

Looks good 👍

Do you’ve any pre op photos ? And what changes did you notice when you increased your oral minoxidil dose ?

don't think i personally have any pics of right before the procedure, but I took some pics after 35-40 days of growth in january to send the clinic which I attached

From oral min I feel like I've definitely noticed growth at least in the area between the back of the head and the top of the head where it starts sloping downwards. I feel like there has also been some growth on the top, but we'll see over time if that is true / continues. Also feel like the growth rate of my beard has increased somewhat. Didn't notice any differences healthwise

21 hours ago, avisaxena33 said:

don't think i personally have any pics of right before the procedure, but I took some pics after 35-40 days of growth in january to send the clinic which I attached

From oral min I feel like I've definitely noticed growth at least in the area between the back of the head and the top of the head where it starts sloping downwards. I feel like there has also been some growth on the top, but we'll see over time if that is true / continues. Also feel like the growth rate of my beard has increased somewhat. Didn't notice any differences healthwise

Got it, in my case also oral minoxidil improved my beard  hair. 
keep us updated, best wishes 👍

Pics from ~ 14 days post op (couple days ago) — you can still kind of see redness / where they took grafts on the donor area — before op I kept my head shaved using an electric skull shaver since I had SMP done and I think I’ll probably keep doing so until the 4th month ish

IMG_5750.jpeg

IMG_5751.jpeg

IMG_5754.jpeg

IMG_5755.jpeg

IMG_5757.jpeg

IMG_5758.jpeg

IMG_5760.jpeg