What has been people's experience with finasteride's effect on acne and body hair?

I have very oily skin and semi-frequent acne that I'm hardly able to keep under control. I've heard good things about finasteride helping with acne, but, in the experience of people here: 

1. Has it helped with facial acne or body acne?

2. If it got worse in the beginning, did it get better later? 

Also, this may be strange to some, but I have to wonder how much finasteride will impact my body hair growth. I've been building muscle over time and have a good amount of body hair to begin with that contributes to the masculine look (which I like, of course). I would hate to lose it. For those taking finasteride: 

3. Did your body hair reduce noticeably? 

4. If it did, did it ever come back or just continue to decline? 

5. Did it come back after you stopped using finasteride (I would assume it would)? 

6. For those that take both finasteride and minoxidil orally, did you still notice a decline in body hair?

• Moderators
14 hours ago, grassPacket said:

I have very oily skin and semi-frequent acne that I'm hardly able to keep under control. I've heard good things about finasteride helping with acne, but, in the experience of people here: 

1. Has it helped with facial acne or body acne?

2. If it got worse in the beginning, did it get better later? 

Also, this may be strange to some, but I have to wonder how much finasteride will impact my body hair growth. I've been building muscle over time and have a good amount of body hair to begin with that contributes to the masculine look (which I like, of course). I would hate to lose it. For those taking finasteride: 

3. Did your body hair reduce noticeably? 

4. If it did, did it ever come back or just continue to decline? 

5. Did it come back after you stopped using finasteride (I would assume it would)? 

6. For those that take both finasteride and minoxidil orally, did you still notice a decline in body hair?

Finasteride reduced my body hair. It slowly grew back after I stopped using finasteride.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.