Hair mills getting "perfect" social media reviews

So ran across American Mane in Miami, FL and had a video consult with their rep.  A few things caught my attention:

1. They quote a flat rate of $7k.  No mention of the number of grafts.

2. No mention of spanning an HT over multiple days.  Just one day and you're done.

3. They offer their own brand supplements (shampoo & foam) that don't seem to have any special ingredients directly affecting hair loss.

4. They're readily available in two months for a procedure compared to known hair surgeons who are booked out for 8-12 months.

5. No doctors listed on their webpage.

Some red flags for sure, but then their social media reviews on Google and such are PERFECT.  What's up with that?  You'd expect to have at least SOME mediocre reviews.  I'm wondering how these hair mills get away with this, unless they really are the real deal.  I'd love to avoid international travel and see them instead but what are your thoughts?

• Valued Contributor
45 minutes ago, Ketchupp said:

I'd love to avoid international travel and see them instead but what are your thoughts?

Avoid unless you can find proper patient reviews with detailed photos. Why would you need to travel internationally? You have great options in the US.

Just now, Berba11 said:

Avoid unless you can find proper patient reviews with detailed photos. Why would you need to travel internationally? You have great options in the US.

That's the thing: they have photos everywhere.  Beautiful results.  And international travel is necessary because American doctors end up charging more and I'd still have to travel.

55 minutes ago, Ketchupp said:

That's the thing: they have photos everywhere.  Beautiful results.  And international travel is necessary because American doctors end up charging more and I'd still have to travel.

Their website mentions that:

1) they can/do use the robotic transplant method  alongside traditional FUE

2) their is a primary physician, singular 

3) they perform 2-3 surgeries per day, alongside free consultations and PRP sessions 

4) their fixed fee is for up to 5000 grafts in one day.

Their publicised 'best' results looks somewhat average to me. The hairlines are very straight and not that dense.

It basically reads like there is some doctor involvement and up to 5 techs. In some of the videos the techs are seemingly marking out the various areas for extraction and implantation. Is that planning, or just marking?

They may be ok, but I'd suggest they're closer to a hairmill than many would like.

• Like 1

The biggest red flag to me is the 2-3 surgeries a day. Especially if there is one doctor and they can do up to 5000 grafts. By most standards that’s an all day surgery with the type of doctor involvement you want and tech assistance. Leads me to believe it operates more like a hair mill and there’s probably some delegation to the techs you won’t want.