Dr Mwamba - 3296 graft Dec 27-28th

Hi guys, been lurking around on the forum for a while now and decided to share the progress from my transplant with Dr Mwamba at the end of last year. I am currently about a week shy of the 3-month mark and starting to experience some growth!

I take 0.5 mg of oral finasteride daily, which I started one month after the transplant. It seems to have stabilized, or at least significantly slowed down the hair loss. The side effects are manageable and have gotten better now after two months of daily use. 

The experience at the clinic was very positive. Both Dr. Mwamba and Dr. Ali were very professional, and it was well worth the nearly 30 hours of operating time. I unfortuantely don't have any great pre op images but I've attached some images a couple of months before the procedure. 

Happy to answer any questions regarding the procedure or my experience with the clinic!

Pre op

image.thumb.jpeg.da60c8bf9f5cc69fb26ba9d1896acff2.jpegIMG_0160.thumb.JPG.b7bd69e1975ffdfa71115146aab16fd1.JPG

Day of procedure:

IMG_0199.thumb.jpg.b2d69cec3aa3faaf708815ba2a84ed88.jpg

One week shy of 3 months:

IMG_0230.thumb.JPG.c6ca4cd8aa38fa551e0bc4c14b8a4eea.JPGIMG_0231.thumb.JPG.3748adabe1d290e9a594225bb6c4d119.JPGIMG_0232.thumb.JPG.f91073a13a2e5d9636e5350faffe2d1c.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a 3 month update. Last two days I’ve felt like a lot more hair is starting to pop up. Feeling really good so far and hopefully the growth starts to take off from here!

IMG_0237.jpeg

IMG_0236.jpeg

IMG_0235.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

This is the point where it really starts kicking in. 

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a 3,5 month update. It feels like there has been some progress these last two weeks. Would love to hear your opinions on the progress at this stage. Even though it’s still early my impatience is definately starting to creep in…

IMG_0261.jpeg

IMG_0260.jpeg

IMG_0259.jpeg