Post-op results vs long-term results

I was wondering: for unfortunate low-yielders, was there anything apparent at, say, the 2 week mark (before the grafted hair started falling out) that might have suggested disappointing results? Or to put it another way, if the post-op results seem good (quick healing, grafts and scalp look great, grafted hair is still almost all there after 2 weeks), does this mean anything about the likelihood of a good result? Or is subsequent re-growth of the grafts completely separate from how "solid" the initial results are?

Thanks in advance from a newbie (you can probably guess where I am in the process icon_smile.gif

(Who loves ya baby!)

Kojak,

I disagree with this synopsis whole heartedly. Redness and amount of scabs and valleys and how long there "hang around" for, are often more associated with the various Doctors post HT regime. Some Dr's suggest working the scabs out when washing much earlier than others. Every Dr has a slightly different philosophy on this and obviously with that, their reasons to back this up. I think that to try and anaylise any results or potential results after only 2 weeks is impossible and also a negative process to be practising because if you do not see results until maybe the 5 or 6 month mark, you have an awful long time to be analyising each week. I understand that of course you will be checking the mirror very often and forging an opinion in your mind, but just try to sit back, relax and let time past. The operative word here for sure is, PATIENCE!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I was considered a "slow grower". Many of my grafted hairs has shed quickly from my head (started shedding before day 10), and I experienced a moderate period of pinkness, through maybe 3 months.

That said, I noticed new grwoth of some hairs as early as week 7! I think the term "slow grower" means that its taking the result longer to come together, which is related to several factors: 1) Hair thickness 2) Planted Density 3) Yield

I dont believe that some guys are "slow growers" and that their transplanted hairs are just hanging out in a dormant state waiting to grow. I think the growth starts around 2-3 months. Guys with fine hair, the hairs will come in vellus/thinner and be much harder to see and provide less coverage. If there is poor yield, it will take even longer for the result to look substantial.

Some patients appear to come together much more quickly. Patients planted at high density, with thick hair and good yield, often have coverage at 3-4 months! Patients with thinner hair, planted at lowe density or yield less than 100% will take longer to come together. 9+ Months, sometimes never.

After 9 months hair will thicken and also generally be longer and overlap, helping the illusion of coverage.

To give you some hope, I have seen many picutres posted and the guys whose transplanted hairs hang around for a long time, also seem to get better results. I believe this is because thicker hairs are more resilient to shedding, and thick hairs is primary factor in good result.

Good luck.

Originally posted by Kojak:

I was wondering: for unfortunate low-yielders, was there anything apparent at, say, the 2 week mark (before the grafted hair started falling out) that might have suggested disappointing results? Or to put it another way, if the post-op results seem good (quick healing, grafts and scalp look great, grafted hair is still almost all there after 2 weeks), does this mean anything about the likelihood of a good result? Or is subsequent re-growth of the grafts completely separate from how "solid" the initial results are?

Thanks in advance from a newbie (you can probably guess where I am in the process icon_smile.gif

(Who loves ya baby!)

Thanks for the responses guys. I was just curious about the situations where some unlucky people here have reported poor yields after 12+ months with good doctors. I would of course prefer fast growth, but if I could somehow be promised that I would have good yields but I would be a slower grower, I would "take it". So I was just wondering if the poor-yield results might have been "hinted at" early on - in other words, maybe the grafts didn't "take" as well early on and it was apparent visibly or in some other way. I figured if there were in fact such early "warning signs", I would want to know what they were, and I would find the absence (hopefully) of these signs comforting.

Thanks again for the feedback and well wishes.

Kojak