question to HT technique

I notice most members here recommend FUE instead of FUT. I just wanted to ask why this was teh case given that many of the HT consultants (even those recommended on this site) recommend FUT instead of FUE. Most of them have even said FUE is only for 500-1000grafts but most people who are bald 1000 grafts is nothing. Most of us are likely have had much more then that.

Gtz101,

I think you have misread some posts or got it wrong. From my experience on this forum most users recommend FUT first (for procedures over 1000 grafts), followed by FUE if needed after maxing out the donor with FUT.

I'm not sure what you mean by "ultra refined folliculr extraction only applies to FUE?". I believe ultra refined refers to both fue and fut methods. Ultra refined meaning they can seperate follicles and place graphs in single follicular units...one hair at a time to give a very natural hair line and also refined by how clean and safe todays hts are with very limited recovery time.

bighosedragger and gtz101,

No, "ultra refined" doesn't only apply to FUE. In fact, the phrase is more relevant to FUT in cases where physicians trim ultra thin grafts under microscopes. However, "ultra refined" also describes the minimally invasive tools used to make recipient sites and can be extended to minimally invasive FUE extraction tools as well.

Best wishes,

Bill