Unshaven Hair Transplant

Hey Everyone

I'm looking for surgeon recommendations that do unshaven hair transplant. I have very long hair and I just don't want to cut my hair. I know of one clinic that offers unshaven hair transplants for men and women but there is no surgeon name mentioned. I am based in the UK. I have been using hair fibres which hide the balding pretty well. I've done this for a for a few years now but I am sick of it. My hair loss has pretty much stayed the same for the past 5-6 years. I am 48 years old. I am willing to travel to Europe if the UK doesn't have this procedure with a recommended surgeon. any suggestions and advice would be much appreciated.

Unshaven fue i n the donor area is not recommended. Most of the doctors can proceed with fue without shaving the recipient area. If you dont want to shave the donor area and you always have long hair better proceed with fut.

• Valued Contributor

Anything that makes your surgery more difficult for the surgery and the technicians is not in the best interests for your results. You want to guarantee that you are positioning yourself with everything in your favour for the best results possible for the long term. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses. I worded my comment wrong. I understand that the donor area has to be shaved. I have no problem with that. I just don't want to shave my whole head.

Hopefully someone can suggest a surgeon that does this kind of work

32 minutes ago, Cainhurst73 said:

Thanks for the responses. I worded my comment wrong. I understand that the donor area has to be shaved. I have no problem with that. I just don't want to shave my whole head.

Hopefully someone can suggest a surgeon that does this kind of work

In the uk look at edward ball, manni mittal, raghu reddy. In europe ther are doctors like couto, de freitas, pinto, bisanga, maras. Do a proper research and before proceeding its always better to have consultations with multiple doctors.

4 minutes ago, jjalay said:

In the uk look at edward ball, manni mittal, raghu reddy. In europe ther are doctors like couto, de freitas, pinto, bisanga, maras. Do a proper research and before proceeding its always better to have consultations with multiple doctors.

I've looked at a few of these surgeons and received a reply from Dr Bisanga's representative about unshaven and the advice would be that it can be done but difficult. I will start emailing these surgeons you have mentioned  to see if they allocate for unshaven transplants. Thanks so much for the advice and suggestions.

Actually I think Gatsby is right but there seem to be doctors who achieve remarkable results with partial shaving or no shaving at all. Especially in Turkey.
I am also currently looking for unshaven and following the results of some doctors there