Side effects of Anaesthesia!

Hi,

I wonder if you are given long standing of local anaesthesia. Is that ok?

I m worried about if you have a high blood pressure and taking medication.

Does any one had issues exposing to this much of anaesthesia as it will take several hours for the procedure.

Any comments or suggestions will be useful.thanks

Your doctor should be running blood tests and should disqualify you from surgery if you have chronic conditions.

at Eugenix I had a lot of tests done before they gave me a go ahead. They also monitored blood pressure on the day of the surgery.

They also did spot tests with anesthesia to make sure I had no allergic reactions.

Overall, there should be no long term side effects from Anesthesia alone. After surgery, you have to keep massaging forehead

Posted (edited)

I have been on blood pressure medication for many years and recently had a surgery with Dr. Konior and there were no issues. My skin was so supple that the anaesthetic was spreading too easily so he had to keep stopping to give me extra anaesthetic to boot. Check with your surgeon but Dr. Konior never brought it up as a problem. The only things I was told to not take the week prior to surgery were all vitamins except for Vitamin C and any paracetamol or other over the counter headache tablets.

Also I had nose surgery a couple of years ago - 6 hours under general anaesthetic. No issues there either. I don’t really drink and quit smoking many years ago. It helps if you’re healthy and take care of yourself.

Edited by AladdinSane

14 hours ago, Singh1276 said:

Your doctor should be running blood tests and should disqualify you from surgery if you have chronic conditions.

at Eugenix I had a lot of tests done before they gave me a go ahead. They also monitored blood pressure on the day of the surgery.

They also did spot tests with anesthesia to make sure I had no allergic reactions.

Overall, there should be no long term side effects from Anesthesia alone. After surgery, you have to keep massaging forehead

I m on blood pressure medication for long time. I think the medical procedure of itself will give me enough stress that will shoot up my bp. I m just thinking how to be calm and composed whilst procedure.

11 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Generally a clinic will ask you of any conditions/allergies that you may have. A blood test, blood pressure, etc should be taken pre op. Always disclosr any health problems, etc to a clinic/doctor before surgery. All the best. 

My only issue is how to maintain my bp as the procedure itself will cause my enough stress that will raise my bp. Any suggestions?

• Valued Contributor
5 minutes ago, Vamdev said:

My only issue is how to maintain my bp as the procedure itself will cause my enough stress that will raise my bp. Any suggestions?

They will generally give you a benzodiazepine before the surgery. This might help. Also make sure you are hydrated and can get a good night’s sleep prior to surgery.