Probably sound stupid

Won’t a normal blood test check that? I’m not sure if it means anything anyway as it’s a question of is your hair genetically prone to damage from DHT? I’m no expert correct me if I’m wrong 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dba said:

Wondering if there is anyway to run a test ...on DHT levels ?

The levels vary enormously during the day so this won't give too much of a reference...

I think (just an idea to have more precise evolution reference, but to check with doctors) that the Testo/DHT ratio is easier to read and that it should decrease... 

Take a look at my levels for example:

START : about 1-2 week before first blood test
STOP : about 1-2week before last blood test

We can see that the levels vary enormously :

EvoFinaTopique.jpg.b1b473f32c85ce522d1e5e52af4acf82.jpg

But the DHT/TESTO ratio has fallen significantly :

DHT2(1).jpg.e1b01635eb5931119e5a412db5781513.jpg

Edited by arthurSam
  • Like 1

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day
Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : {Fluridil + CosmeRNA}
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm (See here for explanations & results) :
ASCE+ HRLV

testing for DHT might be irrelevant for hairloss purposes. 

Even if you have wolverine level low DHT sensitivity, you should still hope on DHT meds

Current and past hairloss can somewhat predict future hairloss, there is no 100% certain way to accuratelty know future hairloss. It is unpredictable

It is possible to have low/good DHT in your 20s and have no hairloss, to one year randomly in your 30s or 40s losing a crap ton. which is the reaoson you should go on DHT meds regardless of what or actual DHT sensitivity is

The one exception I could see to this is if you experience unbearable sides on DHT meds, and you are willing to gamble on the risk/reward of meds vs future hairloss

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stewie said:

Like the others said I can only thing a blood test would show this up? also surely it depends on if your hair is susceptible to DHT also, not sure how you would find that out?

Yeah very true,  that's exactly what I think I'm trying to work out , to see if my hair is susceptible to dht also if I am producing too much in my hair , so I can see if it is beneficial for myself to take fin or other products to lower these level

• Like 1

Just now, dba said:

Yeah very true,  that's exactly what I think I'm trying to work out , to see if my hair is susceptible to dht also if I am producing too much in my hair , so I can see if it is beneficial for myself to take fin or other products to lower these level

@Stewie your hair mate ! 

No words can express , not even the deepest poetry can explain the density on your buzz cut ☺️

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lenzman said:

Won’t a normal blood test check that? I’m not sure if it means anything anyway as it’s a question of is your hair genetically prone to damage from DHT? I’m no expert correct me if I’m wrong 

Exactly what I'm trying to investigate yes... to see if I have alot or if that's what my hair loss is from

So I can really work out if I need to  consider products after HT

• Moderators

I think what matters more is how sensitive to DHT you are. For example I can eat a whole bag of peanuts, but my friend is allergic to them and cant eat any, so how many peanuts is an acceptable amount to eat? It all depends on how sensitive your body is to them.

And no. It's not a stupid question.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

2 hours ago, Al - formerly BeHappy said:

I think what matters more is how sensitive to DHT you are. For example I can eat a whole bag of peanuts, but my friend is allergic to them and cant eat any, so how many peanuts is an acceptable amount to eat? It all depends on how sensitive your body is to them.

And no. It's not a stupid question.

Is there a way to work this out of If  am n how much I am

• Moderators
On 2/24/2024 at 8:30 PM, dba said:

Is there a way to work this out of If  am n how much I am

I would think there probably isn't, but I'm not the expert in that area. There was a test that some company claimed will let you know if you will become bald, but I thought that was complete fake crap just to take your money. I don't know if that is still around. If there actually was a fairly accurate test to know if you will be bald or how sensitive to DHT your hair follicles are then there I suspect there would be a lot of dermatologists and hair transplant Drs using it.

• Thanks 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 2/25/2024 at 5:32 AM, arthurSam said:

The levels vary enormously during the day so this won't give too much of a reference...

I think (just an idea to have more precise evolution reference, but to check with doctors) that the Testo/DHT ratio is easier to read and that it should decrease... 

Take a look at my levels for example:

START : about 1-2 week before first blood test
STOP : about 1-2week before last blood test

We can see that the levels vary enormously :

EvoFinaTopique.jpg.b1b473f32c85ce522d1e5e52af4acf82.jpg

But the DHT/TESTO ratio has fallen significantly :

DHT2(1).jpg.e1b01635eb5931119e5a412db5781513.jpg

These are pre n post monoxidil mate ?