Consultation with dr. Bisanga/BHR

Hello guys, I had a hair transplant in Spain 20 months ago for frontal area involving about 2.4k grafts. The density is great and the donor is in good shape, but the hairline is not as natural as it should be: angles, some grafts been too thick, some doubles. Even though the result is not a disaster, I am not happy with it.

As a conquence, by the 9th month I started searching options for a repair. I had an in-person consultation with dr. Lorenzo and send pictures to other european doctors. Among those, my main choice was and still is dr. Bisanga, because I really like his approach in other cases similar to mine: one (or two) session for removal, another one for implanting in the hairline. No rush, step by step. For that reason, I sent my pictures via their web and I was derived to their regional advisor. He mentioned me that it would be better if I could have a in-person consultation and suggested me visiting another hair transplant doctor in Spain (the advisor also works for this other doctor and I do not know whether he has affiliation with BHR), so that he could send his diagnosis to dr. Bisanga. This other doctor, after examination said that I could 1) remove by laser the first cm and implat there; 2) lower the hairline by another cm. I asked about punching out offending hairs just like dr. Bisanga does, but this doctor said "removing grafts from the hairline is not feasible, no doctors do that, they are implanted different than native and doctors can not extract them properly, it produces scarring, no no no, better use laser". And I was completely lost. Anyway I let my hair grow and decided to wait some months. 

Last month, encouraged by other recent cases, I sent new pictures to the clinic but the one who answered me was again regional advisor stating that the only options are those mentioned above by this other doctor. To me, it is quite odd, since I feel this would not be, by any means, dr. Bisanga's diagnosis and approach.

Could anyone recommend me what to do?

Thank you.

Edited by baddecisions

I am in a similiar situation maybe worse because I hate my donor, skin is rough at the recipient area, pluggy grafts on the hairline and don't like the overall shape of it. I would still try and press for an in person consult with dr bisanga and whilst there also try to schedule with dr feriduni. 

also what did dr lorenzo suggest ?

Edited by kajl

Dr. Lorenzo suggested removing, in the same session,  grafts and implating lowering the hairline just a little bit. I also liked this approach, but I know he does three surgeries per day (maybe too much?) and, moreover, I think it is better doing it step by step since I want the best possible outcome (considering all that should be considered when you are a repair patient). Also, during the last months, I have become a big fan of Bisanga 😅.

Edited by baddecisions

4 hours ago, baddecisions said:

Hello guys, I had a hair transplant in Spain 20 months ago for frontal area involving about 2.4k grafts. The density is great and the donor is in good shape, but the hairline is not as natural as it should be: angles, some grafts been too thick, some doubles. Even though the result is not a disaster, I am not happy with it.

As a conquence, by the 9th month I started searching options for a repair. I had an in-person consultation with dr. Lorenzo and send pictures to other european doctors. Among those, my main choice was and still is dr. Bisanga, because I really like his approach in other cases similar to mine: one (or two) session for removal, another one for implanting in the hairline. No rush, step by step. For that reason, I sent my pictures via their web and I was derived to their regional advisor. He mentioned me that it would be better if I could have a in-person consultation and suggested me visiting another hair transplant doctor in Spain (the advisor also works for this other doctor and I do not know whether he has affiliation with BHR), so that he could send his diagnosis to dr. Bisanga. This other doctor, after examination said that I could 1) remove by laser the first cm and implat there; 2) lower the hairline by another cm. I asked about punching out offending hairs just like dr. Bisanga does, but this doctor said "removing grafts from the hairline is not feasible, no doctors do that, they are implanted different than native and doctors can not extract them properly, it produces scarring, no no no, better use laser". And I was completely lost. Anyway I let my hair grow and decided to wait some months. 

Last month, encouraged by other recent cases, I sent new pictures to the clinic but the one who answered me was again regional advisor stating that the only options are those mentioned above by this other doctor. To me, it is quite odd, since I feel this would not be, by any means, dr. Bisanga's diagnosis and approach.

Thank you.

You should plan a consultation in person with bisanga in belgium. Another god option for such repairs is lupanzula in belgium too. You can plan having multiple consultation in one day and then make your decision.

• Like 1

Laser approach instead of punch out is completely wrong, I would avoid this Dr.

Lorenzo is really good but expensive and does 3 patients per day which is too much, why don you just go with Bisanga?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, baddecisions said:

Thank you.

What the doctor told you is false 

I have had many grafts removed and have ZERO scarring. None at all.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KSA91 said:

Where did you have your original hair transplant? 

A doctor named Cotellessa in Spain

5 hours ago, BaldV said:

Laser approach instead of punch out is completely wrong, I would avoid this Dr.

Lorenzo is really good but expensive and does 3 patients per day which is too much, why don you just go with Bisanga?

This is exactly what I thought and what I think. And yes, I want to go with Bisanga but with this punch out approach, not with the "just lower 1cm the hairline" or "remove via laser". I wrote again the clinic and, as I said, the regional advisor told me those were the options (according to the diagosis given by the other doctor he recommended me visiting). I am gonna try to have a in-person consultation in Brussels, I hope this time I manage to do that.

My main goal with this thread was having some opinions on whether this is (laser removal, just lower the hairline) a Bisanga's typical approach (I do not think so, but I can be mistaken) or I was just unlucky with my regional advisor and his recommended doctor diagnosis.

Edited by baddecisions

• Administrators

Can you share photos? Personally, im not a fan of punching out grafts. It will create scars. How visible depends on your own physiology.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.