Worried about crown after Buzzcut

I did an FUE transplant at my hairline so they shaved my head. I never had problems with my crown when i had longer hair, it always looked bulletproof to me, but now when I look at my shaved head I see some thinning i think?  I always thought it was just my temples but now I think my crown is also getting f’d by the norwood reaper..

What do you guys think?

IMG_0462.jpeg

IMG_0461.jpeg

IMG_1279.jpeg

Edited by jackblack22

• Valued Contributor

From your picture it seems to be thinning and you can consult a doctor and get on medication...medication and other non surgical therapies can help you reverse or stabilise your hairloss.

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

12 hours ago, jackblack22 said:

I did an FUE transplant at my hairline so they shaved my head. I never had problems with my crown when i had longer hair, it always looked bulletproof to me, but now when I look at my shaved head I see some thinning i think?  I always thought it was just my temples but now I think my crown is also getting f’d by the norwood reaper..

What do you guys think?

IMG_0462.jpeg

IMG_0461.jpeg

IMG_1279.jpeg

Yes, when you're growing hair longer that area isn't that visible. I think you should start medications asap.

It definitely seems to be thinning, but on the bright side, you have caught it very early and can talk to your doctor about using medication like finasteride and minxodil to at least stabilise it, and, if lucky, perhaps even reverse it.

8 hours ago, Fred2023 said:

It definitely seems to be thinning, but on the bright side, you have caught it very early and can talk to your doctor about using medication like finasteride and minxodil to at least stabilise it, and, if lucky, perhaps even reverse it.

I bought 5 packs of 5mg fin pills from turkey just to be sure.

Just took my first fin pill. 

I’m really bummed out, never expected my crown to thin because my dad and maternal grandfather both have full crowns and hair..

35 minutes ago, jackblack22 said:

I bought 5 packs of 5mg fin pills from turkey just to be sure.

Just took my first fin pill. 

I’m really bummed out, never expected my crown to thin because my dad and maternal grandfather both have full crowns and hair..

You really should consult your doctor or dermatologist on taking meds and taking them under their supervision. For example Fin is known to affect your PSA levels (roughly halving it). PSA is an antigen test used as a marker for prostate cancer. It is recommended that you have your PSA measured before taking the tablets as a baseline and then after 12 months on Fin to have it measured again so the doctor can multiply your readings by the correct factor to get your true reading in later life. Waiting a few weeks to begin taking them is not going to make much of a difference. As well-meaning as people are on this forum, unless the person declares they are a doctor then you need to take any medical advice the same as if getting it from your mates down the pub..... I hear what you are saying about family members - my brothers have no signs of thining of any sort; my father and his brothers and my mother's brother's all have fine heads of hair. My grandfather on my father side had a full head of hair and my mothers father only showed some evident thining in his late 60s and even then not as extensive as mine, so like you, I was bummed out...

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Fred2023 said:

You really should consult your doctor or dermatologist on taking meds and taking them under their supervision. For example Fin is known to affect your PSA levels (roughly halving it). PSA is an antigen test used as a marker for prostate cancer. It is recommended that you have your PSA measured before taking the tablets as a baseline and then after 12 months on Fin to have it measured again so the doctor can multiply your readings by the correct factor to get your true reading in later life. Waiting a few weeks to begin taking them is not going to make much of a difference. As well-meaning as people are on this forum, unless the person declares they are a doctor then you need to take any medical advice the same as if getting it from your mates down the pub..... I hear what you are saying about family members - my brothers have no signs of thining of any sort; my father and his brothers and my mother's brother's all have fine heads of hair. My grandfather on my father side had a full head of hair and my mothers father only showed some evident thining in his late 60s and even then not as extensive as mine, so like you, I was bummed out...

Thanks for your concern bro. I’m 26 so PSA is not really a priority right now. I’m actually a medical student and will be a doctor in less than a year.

You really feel unlucky when balding genetics skip everyone and hit you hahah, but there are worse things in life I guess.

• Like 1

• Moderators
17 hours ago, YodaHead said:

So what dosage of fin are you taking daily? Not 5mg i assume.

Yeah good catch. You should be cutting the 5mg pills into quarters and taking 1.25mg.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 2/20/2024 at 6:04 AM, YodaHead said:

So what dosage of fin are you taking daily? Not 5mg i assume.

19 hours ago, Al - formerly BeHappy said:

Yeah good catch. You should be cutting the 5mg pills into quarters and taking 1.25mg.

1.25mg 3 times week :)

• Like 1