I recently had a hair transplant done by Dr. Acar. They have various packages, and I opted for the VIP one, which includes incisions made by Dr. Acar himself (details in the screenshot attached). Overall, my experience was positive. Initially, Dr. Acar conducted a consultation, designed my hairline, identified key areas, and suggested focusing on the front and middle sections for the bulk of the grafts, leaving the possibility of a second transplant for the crown area later on, depending on the donor area's condition.

The procedure was spread over two days, concluding with a hair wash and a final check-up by Dr. Acar, as part of the VIP package. I've attached before and after photos for reference.

I'm sharing my story here because, despite doing quite a bit of research before the procedure, I was unaware of the concept of "hair mills." My primary criterion was having a doctor involved, especially for critical steps like the incision. Post-surgery, I learned about certain techniques, such as the importance of single grafts for the hairline and the angle of implantation—things I wish I knew beforehand.

I've noticed discussions on this forum about hair mills and their operations, including the number of patients they handle daily. During my time, Cosmedica saw about 8-10 patients a day, but I was the only one with Dr. Acar's direct involvement. Although they manage more than two patients at a time, Cosmedica's large clinic and numerous technicians ensure each patient receives adequate care. The technicians were competent and attentive throughout my procedure, though I wasn't too keen on them occasionally speaking in Turkish and laughing among themselves.

After reading various posts here about different clinics, doctors, and mixed results, I'm left wondering if I made the right choice. I knew I wanted a doctor's presence and involvement, especially for the incisions, contrasting with many clinics where the doctor is barely present or not involved in consultations.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on my experience and the before/after pictures.

my concerns are

1) overharvested donor areas?

2) is the hairline good 

PS: I've got these river like lines, surgery's last day performed on Wednesday 4 days ago. Any of you experienced this?

donor areas: back and sides + chest
total grafts: 5100

IMG_7042.jpeg

IMG_7043.jpeg

IMG_7044.jpeg

IMG_7041.jpeg

IMG_7045.jpeg

IMG_7046.jpeg

IMG_7047.jpeg

IMG_7048.jpeg

IMG_7049.jpeg

IMG_7050.jpeg

IMG_7051.jpeg

IMG_7052.jpeg

IMG_7053.png

IMG_7054.png

IMG_7055.png

IMG_7056.png

IMG_7057.png

IMG_7058.png

IMG_7059.png

IMG_7060.png

IMG_7061.png

IMG_7062.png

IMG_7063.png

IMG_7064.jpeg

IMG_7065.jpeg

IMG_7072.jpeg

IMG_7074.jpeg

IMG_7075.jpeg

IMG_7076.jpeg

IMG_7077.jpeg

IMG_7078.jpeg

IMG_7079.jpeg

IMG_7080.jpeg

IMG_7081.jpeg

IMG_7082.jpeg

IMG_7083.jpeg

IMG_7084.jpeg

IMG_7086.jpeg

IMG_7087.jpeg

IMG_7088.jpeg

IMG_7089.jpeg

IMG_7090.jpeg

IMG_7091.jpeg

IMG_7092.jpeg

IMG_7093.jpeg

IMG_7094.jpeg

• Like 1

Yes the river like lines you mention are perfectly normal at this stage. 

Despite the reputation the Dr/Clinic has, this does not look to bad at all! Seriously you went with the Dr option and he was actually involved. 

It could have gone either way but from what I can see initally I just dont see any particular concerns. 

We can all go overboard with trying to prevent people taking any of the risks associated with Hair Mills, but they will of course have more than the occasional decent result. In particular when a Dr has actually been involved. 

We could say you lucked out, but compare this to even some of the better known/regarded Dr's and it wouldn't look out of place. 

Of course with the obvious exception of what I can actually see going on in the crown area, am I not seeing how it ended up? As there are literally some very scattered grafts implanted which would make no visable impact whatsoever... 

Edited by Britanium
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Even if you get a good results my opinion on this is i would never choose a hairmill like cosmedica even if i was reassured that i would get doctor involvment or a good result. In such way you are giving these clinics power and money to harm someone else. Right now its really too early to tell about your result, you need to be patience for the next six months ahead of you.

• Thanks 1

Good write up. The work looks neatly dense-packed overall, but also wonder why they scattered so few grafts in the crown. 5100 should be enough for at least a few hundred in the crown if they are going for the mega session approach.

What’s also interesting is the use of chest hair. Usually beard hair is used after scalp, then body. What was their rationale here?

Hard to tell about any over harvesting, but from the photos, look clean and spaced out.

So according to the literature, it’ s €5000 for 4000 grafts and another €1000 for anything on top of that? 

Interesting case here so keep posting.

• Thanks 1

Happy growing. 5100 grafts look a fair amount for your hairloss problem, while for crown you will need a second procedure . The work looks clean and nice. Its very good that you selected the VIP package of Cosmedica and you had Dr Acar participating in your hair transplant by doing the plan, design, hairline design, inspection and incisions. Also your procedure was done in a 2-day session which is also good. How much did you pay for the VIP package ?

Edited by Jupiter_
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for your responses.

Jupiter_: The total cost was 6,000 euros, including the procedures, Dr. Acar's involvement, and all additional services mentioned above. Depending on how this transplant settles, a second one focusing solely on the crown might be necessary, although if the current results sufficiently mask the hair loss there, it won't be a concern. My primary focus was on addressing the front and middle sections.

The experience hasn't been easy, from the intense pain of the anesthesia to managing the post-operative care, swelling, and itching—it's been quite challenging.

Does anyone know if it's possible to determine at this stage whether the donor areas have been over harvested?

Thanks everyone. 

Edited by Rawyn
Reached maximum number of posts I can make per day and wanted to directly answer to Jupiter_

Just now, Rawyn said:

Britanium, Dr. Acar's strategy was to concentrate the majority of grafts on the front and middle sections, where my hair loss was most noticeable and indicative of balding. It seems hair loss on the crown isn’t as noticeable unless you’re looking closely under good lighting. After some discussion, Dr. Acar suggested a potential second transplant specifically for the crown, estimating a need for about 1500 to 2000 grafts, pending an evaluation of the donor area's condition after a year.

8 hours ago, Britanium said:

Yes the river like lines you mention are perfectly normal at this stage. 

Despite the reputation the Dr/Clinic has, this does not look to bad at all! Seriously you went with the Dr option and he was actually involved. 

It could have gone either way but from what I can see initally I just dont see any particular concerns. 

We can all go overboard with trying to prevent people taking any of the risks associated with Hair Mills, but they will of course have more than the occasional decent result. In particular when a Dr has actually been involved. 

We could say you lucked out, but compare this to even some of the better known/regarded Dr's and it wouldn't look out of place. 

Of course with the obvious exception of what I can actually see going on in the crown area, am I not seeing how it ended up? As there are literally some very scattered grafts implanted which would make no visable impact whatsoever... 

1 minute ago, Rawyn said:

JJalay: The concept of hair mills was new to me. I'm trying to stay hopeful and patient, fingers crossed that my donor area remains healthy and wasn't over harvested.

7 hours ago, jjalay said:

Even if you get a good results my opinion on this is i would never choose a hairmill like cosmedica even if i was reassured that i would get doctor involvment or a good result. In such way you are giving these clinics power and money to harm someone else. Right now its really too early to tell about your result, you need to be patience for the next six months ahead of you.

2 minutes ago, Rawyn said:

Hairwolf: Initially, Dr. Acar considered extracting grafts from both my beard and chest. However, I opted against using beard hair since I like its appearance and density. My main concern now is ensuring the donor area, especially the back and sides, hasn't been over harvested.

The entire procedure cost me 6,000 euros, covering the two-day surgery, Dr. Acar's direct involvement, accommodation, transportation, supplements, post-op medications, oxygen therapy, and PRP treatments. I've shared a detailed list in a screenshot.

I plan to keep you all updated with weekly posts.

3 hours ago, Hairwolf said:

Good write up. The work looks neatly dense-packed overall, but also wonder why they scattered so few grafts in the crown. 5100 should be enough for at least a few hundred in the crown if they are going for the mega session approach.

What’s also interesting is the use of chest hair. Usually beard hair is used after scalp, then body. What was their rationale here?

Hard to tell about any over harvesting, but from the photos, look clean and spaced out.

So according to the literature, it’ s €5000 for 4000 grafts and another €1000 for anything on top of that? 

Interesting case here so keep posting.

@Rawyn 

Thanks for the reply. So they decided on BHT for what reason? Your donor didn’t have enough grafts? Did they give you an examination with hair caliber and FU count etc? How many chest hair FU they use? Be interesting to see how this one turns out.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Hairwolf said:

@Rawyn 

Thanks for the reply. So they decided on BHT for what reason? Your donor didn’t have enough grafts? Did they give you an examination with hair caliber and FU count etc? How many chest hair FU they use? Be interesting to see how this one turns out.

Hairwolf thanks- Initially, Dr. Acar considered extracting grafts from both my beard and chest. However, I opted against using beard hair since I like its appearance and density.

I guess they didn't want to over harvest the back and sides so next option would be beard, then chest and I settled on the latter. 

they used a 0.7mm micro motor

I'm not sure about FU count, chest... 

I will ask them and update you. 

55 minutes ago, Rawyn said:

Hairwolf thanks- Initially, Dr. Acar considered extracting grafts from both my beard and chest. However, I opted against using beard hair since I like its appearance and density.

I guess they didn't want to over harvest the back and sides so next option would be beard, then chest and I settled on the latter. 

they used a 0.7mm micro motor

I'm not sure about FU count, chest... 

I will ask them and update you. 

Update: 2 days operation- total 5100 grafts

first day 2700 grafts/ head

second day 1700 grafts/ head + 700/ chest

• Like 1