Dr. Pittella - NW 7

How are doctors like Dr. Pittella able to offer gigga sessions to people like me, NW 7?  Whereas, several doctors basically told me--  Do nothing (you're too far gone).  Is he doing mostly body hair transplants?  Why are there so few doctors like him that are willing to work on Norwood 7 ?  Maybe I'm missing something?  Do most HT doctors believe NW 7 risk/reward is just not worth it???   If so, then how is it that Dr. Pittella is so respected?   If he's using mostly body hair, do his results look natural? (Sorry I asked a similar question recently.)

Edited by Approach

• Approach changed the title to Dr. Pittella - NW 7

I haven’t had my zoom with Dr. Pittella yet, but from his IG he seems to be agressive with getting hair from scalp + beard + neck hair + chest hair + even armpit/pubic hair. He’s pushing the envelope as far as it goes, and the results show great success. I’m not sure anybody is doing what he is doing, maybe Zarev or Sethi, it’s pretty incredible to watch 

22 minutes ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

not many people are willing to drop 50k on a hairtransplant

The average annual salary in Brazil gross of taxes is $20,856. 

it’s roughly equivalent to an American citizen paying something like $150K for a surgery

so true.

• Like 1

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Rose17 said:

it’s roughly equivalent to an American citizen paying something like $150K for a surgery

so true.

Hair Transplants are international. People travel all over the world to get the best work. Hair Restoration isn’t a domestic market. 

As for why he’s respected. Look at the results and reviews. There’s a bunch. One of his patients @Digs49 won 3rd place in best overall HT last year. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 hours ago, Rose17 said:

so true.

I could be wrong, but I think rates for locals are much lower than they are for international patients. I think that's the norm for many surgeons these days. 

13 hours ago, zach07 said:

I could be wrong, but I think rates for locals are much lower than they are for international patients. I think that's the norm for many surgeons these days. 

Maybe he did in the past, not sure about now. People also say this about Zarev, but no idea now.